Singapore firm to invest Rs.870 bn in IndiaJanuary 12th, 2009 - 7:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 12 (IANS) Singapore-based Universal Success Enterprises Ltd (USEL) Monday said it has signed three agreements with the Gujarat government and will invest about Rs.87,000 crore (Rs.870 billion) in various infrastructure projects. USEL, a diversified group in the field of infrastructure development, real estate, energy trading, hospitality and manufacturing, has identified thermal power generation, seaports, and mixed-use industrial and urban development as focus areas in West Bengal, Gujarat and Maharashtra.
The company signed the agreements in the ongoing “Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors’ Summit 2009” and plans to invest Rs.870 billion over a period of 10 years, a company statement said.
USEL, which is in the process of setting up a thermal power plant in Gujarat, plans to generate employment for more than 50,000 people.
“USEL’s expertise lies in developing large scale infrastructure projects and we would partner with the world’s best infrastructure consultants to maintain high standards and meet the set time lines for execution,” USEL chairman Prasoon Mukherjee said.
The company entered India in 2003 and started its operations with the development of a 130 km express highway and a 3.5 km bridge across Hooghly river connecting Kolkata and Haldia.
- Singapore-based Universal to invest $17.5 bn in India (Lead) - Jan 12, 2009
- Energy sector deals worth Rs.7.38 lakh crore at Gujarat summit - Jan 13, 2011
- Shanghai Electric to supply equipment for Haldia plant - Sep 15, 2011
- Jaypee Group to invest Rs.33,000 crore in Gujarat - Jan 15, 2011
- Gujarat to have Asia's largest solar power park - Dec 30, 2010
- Vibrant Gujarat: $56.43 bn fund for urban development - Jan 13, 2011
- MARG bags Gujarat power project's work - Jul 27, 2011
- CESC's Haldia thermal power project by 2013-14 - Jul 29, 2011
- Dhaka to upgrade its second largest port - Aug 16, 2010
- Almost 8,000 MoUs worth $462 bn signed in Vibrant Gujarat: Modi - Jan 13, 2011
- Andhra inks MoUs for Rs.6.5 lakh crore investment (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Larsen to invest $3.3 bn in Gujarat's infrastructure - Jan 12, 2011
- Hitachi to form new JV in India - Sep 27, 2011
- OPG Power to increase capacity to 740 MW by 2013 - Jul 20, 2012
- Hitachi to build power control systems in India - Mar 23, 2012