Sincerity needed in Pakistan-India dialogue: GilaniJune 22nd, 2011 - 1:54 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 22 (IANS) Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has underlined the need for addressing core issues with sincerity under the resumed dialogue process with India.
Talking to a Sikh delegation led by Abhay Singh, a legislator from India’s Haryana state, Gilani expressed satisfaction that the dialogue between the two countries had resumed.
He noted that the secretaries of interior/home, commerce and defence have already met while the foreign secretary-level talks were scheduled Thursday-Saturday, Associated Press of Pakistan reported.
Gilani also stressed on the need for increased trade between the two countries and called for more people-to-people contacts, particularly through enhanced exchanges of parliamentary delegations to bring the people of the two countries closer.
Referring to his March 30 visit to Mohali to witness the India-Pakistan cricket World Cup semifinal, Gialni recalled his interaction with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
He said that he reciprocated Manmohan Singh’s desire to discuss all issues between the two countries and stated that Pakistan and India must resolve all the core disputes to live peacefully.
The delegation from India expressed satisfaction over the upkeep and good care of gurdwaras and holy places in Pakistan.
- Talks, not war, only way forward for Pak, India to resolve outstanding issues: Gilani - Mar 24, 2011
- War not a solution to India-Pakistan issues: Gilani - Mar 24, 2011
- Indo-Pak composite dialogue on March 28-29 in Delhi - Mar 04, 2011
- Gilani appreciates Indo-Pak dialogue resumption, Manmohan's vision for better ties - Feb 11, 2011
- Manmohan a man of peace: Gilani (With Images) - Feb 22, 2012
- Foreign secretaries meet on agenda for Manmohan-Gilani meeting - Nov 08, 2011
- India, Pakistan for patience, sincerity ahead of talks (Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Mohali meeting a new opening to settle disputes: Islamabad - Apr 01, 2011
- Pak terms Gilani-Manmohan meeting as 'new opening' for resolution of disputes - Apr 01, 2011
- Connectivity important for regional transit trade: Gilani - Oct 13, 2011
- India-Pakistan talks begin: Focus on Kashmir CBMs, terror (Roundup) - Jun 23, 2011
- India keeps watch, says change in Pakistan won't affect ties (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Pakistan wants to settle all issues with India: Gilani - Nov 16, 2011
- India, Pakistan to review CBMs Monday - Dec 24, 2011
- India, Pakistan talk -- to remove hiccups in ties (Third Lead) - Jun 23, 2011
Tags: abhay, associated press, core issues, cricket world cup, delegations, gurdwaras, haryana state, holy places, india pakistan cricket, islamabad, legislator, manmohan, manmohan singh, pakistan india, pakistani prime minister, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, sincerity, world cup semifinal, yousuf