Simplified edition of Anne Frank diary announcedApril 25th, 2008 - 8:32 pm ICT by admin
Amsterdam, April 25 (DPA) The Dutch Read & Write Foundation Friday announced the publication of a simplified edition of the Anne Frank Diary for 1.5 million Dutch nationals who have difficulty reading or have only recently learned to read. The original text has been simplified and shortened, with the length of the sentences substantially shorter than in the original written by the teenage Jewish girl. The latest edition also has many pictures.
A New Year’s card written by Anne Frank herself has been discovered in the Netherlands, Dutch media reports said Wednesday. The postcard will most likely be given to the foundation that runs the Anne Frank House for inclusion in its permanent exhibition.
During World War II, German-Jewish Anne Frank and her family as well as four other Jews hid in a building in German-occupied Amsterdam, during which period young Anne penned her diary.
They were betrayed in 1944 and deported to concentration camps in Germany and Poland. Seven of the eight Jews were killed. Only Otto Frank, Anne Frank’s father, survived.
Anne Frank’s diary was found in the building by one of the people who had looked after the eight while they had been in hiding.
Otto Frank received the diary after the war and decided to publish it.
The Anne Frank diary has been translated into several languages and has sold millions of copies worldwide. It is considered standard literature on World War II and the Nazi persecution of the Jews.
- Graphic Novel On Anne Frank Set To Release - Jul 11, 2010
- Woman who hid Holocaust victim Anne Frank passes away at 100 - Jan 12, 2010
- Miep Gies, Anne Frank's Savior Passes Away - Jan 12, 2010
- Anne Frank's graphic biography to tell her story in a new way - Jul 10, 2010
- Anne Frank's chestnut tree uprooted by heavy winds - Aug 24, 2010
- The Diary Of Anne Frank, A Jewish Victim Of The Holocaust, Converted Into A Graphic Novel - Jul 11, 2010
- Rare Anne Frank video surfaces - Oct 10, 2009
- Holocaust victim Anne Frank Museum to move away from Ground Zero mosque site - Mar 28, 2011
- Anne Frank: Sole Footage Uploaded On You Tube - Oct 03, 2009
- Nazi surgical set withdrawn from auction - Feb 11, 2012
- World's most wanted Nazi held at 97 - Jul 19, 2012
- Peter van Pels diary angers Anne Frank fans - Jun 21, 2010
- Holocaust survivor - Berthe Meijer stands by the memory of Anne Frank - Mar 19, 2010
- Anne Frank's Memory Revived In "Life After Anne Frank" - Mar 19, 2010
- Hitler had a love child, says war soldier's diary - Mar 15, 2012