SIMI activist arrested with fake notes in Uttar PradeshAugust 14th, 2008 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 14 (IANS) An activist of the banned Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) was arrested Thursday with counterfeit currency with nominal value of Rs.6,500 in Allahabad district of Uttar Pradesh, the police said. “Mohammad Amir Mehfooz was arrested near Iradatganj railway crossing of the district,” Superintendent of Police Ashok Kumar told IANS.
Mehfooz, who is being interrogated, has been associated with SIMI for the last 10 years, he added.
In 2001, Mehfooz was arrested in Gujarat for delivering a provocative speech in Surat city, the police said.
- Uttar Pradesh Police arrests SIMI activist in Allahabad - Aug 14, 2008
- Nepali national held for ISI links - Jun 05, 2011
- Bangladeshi in fake currency racket nabbed in Bengal - Feb 17, 2012
- Two arrested with Rs.1 lakh fake currency - Aug 24, 2011
- Man held with counterfeit currency - Nov 05, 2011
- Man held in Lucknow with Rs.1 lakh in fake currency - Aug 27, 2011
- Terror suspect arrested in Kolkata - Jul 18, 2012
- Counterfeit currency seized in Punjab - Jul 10, 2011
- Two held with fake currency notes - Oct 15, 2011
- Man held with fake notes - Jan 22, 2011
- Bangladeshi held with photocopy of Indian passport in Meghalaya - May 13, 2012
- Mumbai cops in Ahmedabad to quiz IM operative - Jul 16, 2011
- Five men arrested with fake notes - Sep 13, 2011
- Rs.200,000 counterfeit currency found, one held - May 24, 2011
- Fake currency seized in Rajasthan - Jun 16, 2012