Sikkim’s double murder accused escapesMay 13th, 2009 - 7:34 pm ICT by IANS
Gangtok, May 12 (IANS) A double murder accused, who allegedly killed his wife and a five-year-old son in Sikkim two months ago, escaped from police custody Wednesday.
Nar Bahadur Kharka was being taken to a court at 3 p.m. when he gave police the slip, according to police sources.
Kharka allegedly slit the throat of his wife with a sickle and strangulated his son to death after he was denied food when he returned home near here from work March 18.
His seven-year-old daughter, the lone witness of the crime, was in a state of shock and is now staying with family members of the accused.
Police have launched a manhunt to nab him.
- Paralysed man kills wife and son - Feb 03, 2012
- Two robbers kill woman and daughter, one held - Oct 13, 2011
- Ex-CRPF trooper goes berserk, kills seven in Andhra (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Ex-CRPF trooper goes berserk, kills seven in Andhra - Dec 01, 2010
- My vehicle was hit to kill me: Jharkhand minister - Dec 28, 2011
- On wedding trip, NRI kills wife - Mar 16, 2011
- Four killed, two injured in four Delhi incidents (Lead) - Jul 09, 2010
- Youth killed by friend - Apr 23, 2012
- Third accused held for murder of five-year-old - May 02, 2011
- Manhunt continues for killer Tripura trooper - Apr 28, 2012
- Lawyer murder: Watchman sent to police custody - Aug 11, 2012
- Double murder: Slain woman's lover detained - Feb 04, 2012
- Teen held for killing four-year-old - Nov 02, 2011
- Man suspects wife, kills year-old son - Feb 02, 2011
- Man held for wife's murder - May 19, 2011