Signed files on officials’ advice, Deshmukh tells Adarsh panelJune 26th, 2012 - 10:56 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 26 (IANS) Appearing before the two-member commission investigating the Adarsh Housing Society scam, former Maharashtra chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh Tuesday said he did not check all documents that he cleared as senior bureaucrats had already done so.
Deposing as a witness before the commission, Deshmukh, who is now the union science and technology minister, said he depended on advice from senior officials and signed the files.
The two-member judicial commission of Justice (retd) J.A. Patil and former state chief secretary P. Subrahmanyam Monday questioned another former chief minister, Sushilkumar Shinde.
Now the union power minister, Shinde claimed that the decision to allot government land and grant additional FSI (floor space index) to Adarsh Housing Society was taken during Deshmukh’s tenure.
The two-member judicial commission investigating the Adarsh society scam is currently hearing what three former chief ministers, during whose tenures the scam took place, have to say on how clearances to the Adarsh society were given.
Asked as to who gave relevant permissions, Deshmukh reiterated that he cleared many files on the basis of positive recommendations from senior bureaucrats from revenue department and urban development department.
Deshmukh’s successor Ashok Chavan, who had to resign over the Adarsh scam, will be the next to be questioned by the commission.
- Adarsh scam: Deshmukh blames former ministers - Jun 27, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Ashok Chavan shifts blame on predecessor - Jun 30, 2012
- Adarsh panel questions Sushil Kumar Shinde - Jun 25, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Chavan deposes before panel for second time - Jul 02, 2012
- Adarsh probe panel summons Deshmukh, Shinde - May 23, 2012
- Chavan grabbed over six flats in Adarsh: BJP secretary - Apr 25, 2012
- State owns Adarsh Society land, says judicial panel - Apr 17, 2012
- Adarsh probe: Two former chief ministers summoned - May 11, 2011
- Ashok Chavan agrees to appear before Adarsh panel - May 24, 2012
- Adarsh Society land belongs to Maharashtra government: Shinde - May 26, 2011
- Adarsh society plot belongs to government, says judicial panel (Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Shinde summoned as witness - May 02, 2011
- Ex-army chief did not see Adarsh a security threat - Jul 20, 2012
- Ashok Chavan shifts Adarsh blame to Deshmukh - Jun 20, 2011
- Adarsh land belonged to state, not meant for war heroes: Minister (Lead) - May 26, 2011
Tags: ashok, bureaucrats, chavan, chief ministers, chief secretary, deshmukh, floor space, government land, housing society, judicial commission, maharashtra chief minister, member commission, power minister, science and technology, senior officials, space index, state chief, technology minister, tenure, urban development department