Siblings sexual abuse: Local police officials suspendedOctober 5th, 2010 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 5 (IANS) Two police officials of Prasad Nagar police station in central Delhi have been suspended for their lax handling of a case pertaining to sexual abuse of three siblings and trying to persuade their mother to withdraw her complaint, an official said Tuesday.
Station House officer Arvind Kumar and investigating officer, Assistant Sub-Inspector Balbir Singh were suspended for “their callous approach towards the case and for allegedly attempting to pressurise the victims’ 32-year-old mother to take back her complaint”, a senior police official said.
The case has already been transferred from the local police to the Crime Branch. Lalit Ratawal, a school cab driver, was arrested Sep 17 for allegedly raping a young girl and sodomising her two brothers for about one-and-a-half years in Prasad Nagar along with his associates.
The victims’ mother and one of her neighbours had alleged that she was being pressurised to take back the complaint by the police. The matter was taken seriously by Delhi Health Minister Kiran Walia who requested Police Commissioner Y.S. Dadwal to intervene in the case and take stringent action against the SHO for pressurizing the family.
The mother of the siblings had also alleged that the police was trying to victimise the children by raising irrelevant questions regarding the case. The police have registered a case under IPC section 376 (Rape), 377 (unnatural sex) and 506 (criminal intimidation).
- Kids' sexual abuse: Minister asks Dadwal to suspend local officer - Oct 01, 2010
- Rapist school cab driver attacked by angry kin - Sep 18, 2010
- Rapist school cab driver sent to police custody (Lead) - Sep 18, 2010
- Kids' sexual abuse: Driver sent to police custody, two detained (Second Lead) - Sep 18, 2010
- Kids' sexual abuse: Ex-gratia to victim family - Sep 27, 2010
- Delhi police arrest cab driver for raping children in New Delhi - Sep 18, 2010
- Warden booked for sodomising mentally disabled in Haryana - Jul 02, 2012
- Two held for raping Kolkata woman in moving car (Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Father in police custody for raping teenage daughter - Jun 03, 2012
- Three held in Bengal for forcing woman to foetus sex test - Aug 07, 2012
- CBI probe demanded into Bihar girl's suicide - Sep 06, 2012
- Mumbai senior cop suspended for raping colleague - Apr 18, 2012
- NCP lawmaker charged with rape, sent to three-day police custody - Feb 27, 2011
- Three held for raping Kolkata woman in moving car (Second Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Six booked for raping student in Haryana town - Jan 01, 2011
Tags: arvind kumar, balbir singh, cab driver, central delhi, crime branch, criminal intimidation, health minister, house officer, irrelevant questions, kiran, lalit, old mother, police commissioner, police official, police officials, sexual abuse, station house, stringent action, unnatural sex, walia