Shukla only Indian among Twenty20 award winnersOctober 23rd, 2008 - 11:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 23 (IANS) Kolkata Knight Riders’ all-rounder Laxmi Ratan Shukla was the only Indian to receive an award at the Twenty20 Champions League Awards held here Thursday night.Shukla won the award for the Best Bowling Strike Rate in an innings at 1.6 while claiming three wickets in a Indian Premier League (IPL) match.
At the ESPN-sponsored awards function, Shukla’s IPL team mate Brendon McCullum won the Highest Individual Score Award for his 158 against Bangalore’s Royal Challengers.
Pakistan left-arm seamer Sohail Tanvir won honours for the best bowling figures in a match (six for 14) for Rajasthan Royals while Kings XI Punjab’s Australian bastman Shaun Marsh won the Best Batting Average for his 68.44.
Marsh will be flying to India shortly to replace injured opener Phil Jacques in the remaining of the two Tests against India.
Australian all rounder Shane Watson, who received the award on behalf of Marsh, backed his young team mate for the two Tests.
“Marsh is extremely talented and has done well. He has done well for the Kings XI Punjab and I feel that will help him to understand the Indian conditions better,” he said.
Essex Eagles Graham Napier (best batting strike rate, 195), Nashua Dolphins Yusuf Abdullah (best bowling economy, 4.32), Nashua Cobras Charl Langeveldt (best bowling strike rate, 9) and Middlesex Crusaders’ Tyron Henderson (best batting strike rate in an innings, 280) were the other award winners.
Pakistan’s Sialkot Stallions were given a special award for winning 16 Twenty20 matches on the trot.
- Kings XI blown away by Gayle's knock - Apr 21, 2012
- Gayle takes Royal Challengers to top of IPL table (Second Lead) - May 22, 2011
- Promising domestic players are excelling in IPL - May 05, 2012
- Kings XI Punjab take on Deccan Chargers in a must-win game - May 20, 2011
- Dhoni praises Vijay, Hussey for laying foundation for victory - May 29, 2011
- Stars to watch out for in IPL-V - Apr 03, 2012
- Bowlers standing tall in IPL - May 03, 2012
- Rajasthan Royals thrash Kings XI Punjab by 43 runs (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Kings XI ride on Marsh's innings to beat Mumbai Indians (Lead) - Apr 22, 2012
- Kings XI Punjab win the toss: elect to bat - Apr 28, 2012
- Kings XI Punjab elect to field against Rajasthan Royals - Apr 06, 2012
- Royal Challengers elect to field against Punjab - Apr 20, 2012
- Kings XI thrash Rajasthan Royals by 48 runs (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011
- Rajasthan look to consolidate their momentum - May 07, 2012
- IPL scoreboard: King XI Punjab vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - May 18, 2011