Shubha Mudgal to perform for causeMarch 24th, 2012 - 5:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 24 (IANS) Veteran singer Shubha Mudgal is set to perform at a fusion concert for the cause of promoting safe and healthy pregnancy and childbirth.
The concert “Aakhir Kyon”, organised by White Ribbon Alliance for Safe Motherhood (WRAI), will be held at the India Habitat Centre here Monday.
Mudgal will be accompanied by husband Aneesh Pradhan (tabla), Sudhir Nayak (harmonium) Benoni Soans (drums), Tony Dias (keyboards), Brennon Denfer (bass guitar) and Pratap Rath (percussions).
A lover of music genres such as khayal, thumri and dadra, Mudgal explored Indian pop music in the 1990s. Her albums “Ali More Angana”, “Ab ke Sawan”, “Pyaar Ke Geet” and “Mann Ke Manjeere” went on to become hugely popular.
- India losing music genres due to Bollywood: Shubha Mudgal (Interview) - Jan 27, 2012
- I can't sing every Bollywood song: Shubha Mudgal - Apr 04, 2009
- Classical Music Concerts In Store For Mumbaikars Next Month! - Nov 29, 2010
- Shubha Mudgal's music fest to host conclave - Jan 11, 2012
- Mudgal's voice creates magic at cancer patients' fundraiser - Aug 29, 2010
- Mother and I respect each other's music: Rocker Dhaval Mudgal - Aug 07, 2012
- 21 music artists come together for new 'Vande Mataram' - Jan 25, 2012
- I won't sing in a Bollywood film: Kishori Amonkar - Mar 05, 2011
- CWG closing ceremony reveals India at its dynamic best - Oct 14, 2010
- Father-son percussion saga: bound by beats of two eras - Sep 01, 2011
- US-based Kashmiris bring rock 'n' roll to valley - Jun 18, 2011
- An academy to revive Pakistani province's culture - Aug 24, 2011
- Indian crooner Hariharan to perform in Dhaka - Mar 29, 2010
- Sarod, sitar, tabla, harmonium...in an Indian Army band! - Sep 02, 2011
- India's young musicians ignoring traditional music: Prasoon Joshi (Interview) - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: ab ke sawan, ali more angana, bass guitar, dadra, geet, harmonium, healthy pregnancy, india habitat centre, indian pop music, khayal, mann ke manjeere, music genres, music in the 1990s, New Delhi, pratap, pregnancy and childbirth, rath, safe motherhood, thumri, veteran singer