Shot at, security guard catches robberJuly 3rd, 2012 - 11:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 3 (IANS) An alert security guard managed to catch a robber from a construction site in Delhi in spite of being shot by his associates Tuesday, police said.
Chandan Kumar Jha, 23, who was posted as a security guard at a construction site in west Delhi’s Bawana Sector-3, was shot by four armed robbers around 3 a.m. when he tried to resist their robbery attempt.
Despite his injury, he did not loose his cool and attacked one of the robbers with a wooden stick and managed to catch him with the help of another guard who had reached the spot.
The robber, identified as Jasbir, was later handed over to police.
- Man robbed at Noida mall, two hurt in shootout - Aug 06, 2012
- Four arrested in murder cases - May 06, 2011
- Postman chases robbers, kills one - Mar 22, 2012
- Man dies after robbers throw him off second floor - Aug 17, 2012
- Software executive shot dead - Nov 22, 2010
- Guard shoots men trying to steal gun - Jan 19, 2012
- Rs.60 mn looted from Karachi banks - Jan 01, 2012
- Two bank robbers killed in Jharkhand gun battle - Feb 10, 2011
- Shopkeeper in Britain prevents robbery with stick - Apr 09, 2012
- Gold finance company robbed - Jun 22, 2012
- Four locked flats robbed in Delhi - Jan 17, 2011
- Luxury car used in robberies found in Gurgaon - Mar 03, 2010
- One of the four who shot, robbed man arrested - Jun 06, 2010
- Delhi-based transporter shot dead - Apr 25, 2012
- Dacoits loot Karachi bank of Rs.9.6 mn - Aug 10, 2011