‘Shootout At Wadala’ to release May Day in 2013August 16th, 2012 - 4:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 16 (IANS) “Shootout At Wadala” will hit the big screens next year on May 1, which is celebrated as International Workers’ Day and Labour Day.
The multi-starrer, which was earlier scheduled for release in December this year, will thus get a clear five-day weekend to set the box office ringing.
The movie, co-produced by Balaji Motion Pictures and White Feather Films, is a screen adaptation of Mumbai police’s first registered gun battle with gangster Manya Surve.
Anil Kapoor, John Abraham, Ronit Roy, Sonu Sood, Manoj Bajpayee, Tusshar Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut form the cast of the crime thriller.
Producer Ekta Kapoor wanted the best possible dates for the film.
“When I recently watched the rushes, I was blown away. It’s such an engaging and powerful film. With its content and massive star cast, topped by the kind of marketing push that the Balaji team will give, we need a long weekend for the film. It is a supreme mass entertainer and we will hype it to the hilt,” Ekta said in a statement.
There is also a special reason why May 1 is the chosen day.
“May 1 is Labour Day. Manya Surve, our lead protagonist, is a Maharashtrian from a work-oriented middle-class family whose life takes a precarious turn,” said director Sanjay Gupta.
Earlier, Gupta had said the team behind the underworld drama decided to push the release of the film to next year to avoid a clash with biggies like Aamir Khan’s “Talaash” and Salman Khan-starrer “Dabangg 2″.
- 'Talaash' pushes 'Shootout At Wadala' release to 2013 - May 02, 2012
- I don't want to compete with Aamir Khan: Ekta Kapoor - Jul 21, 2012
- 'Shootout At Wadala' is my 'Vaastav': John - Mar 27, 2012
- Proud to co-star with Anil Kapoor: Ronit Roy - Dec 23, 2011
- Kangna follows Rekha, Smita's footsteps - Mar 19, 2012
- Cops turn entertainers in Bollywood (Feature) - Jan 29, 2012
- I researched a lot about Manya Surve: John Abraham - Mar 02, 2012
- Ronit models role on party-busting cop - Jun 26, 2012
- Ajay turns 43, celebrates on set (Movie Snippets) - Apr 02, 2012
- Tusshar's new avatar: Aggressive-funny gangster - May 01, 2012
- Filmmaker Sanjay Gupta booked for forgery - Mar 01, 2012
- John Abraham goes lean for 'Shootout At Wadala' - Feb 20, 2012
- I'm super excited to play Dawood Ibrahim: Sonu Sood - Apr 18, 2012
- From real to reel: Reality inspires more Bollywood films - Jun 17, 2012
- 'Shootout at Wadala' my most challenging film: Sanjay Gupta - May 01, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, anil kapoor, biggies, crime thriller, john abraham, kangana ranaut, labour day, maharashtrian, manoj, massive star, mumbai police, ronit roy, salman khan, sanjay gupta, screen adaptation, sonu sood, talaash, tusshar kapoor, underworld drama, white feather