Shock, dismay and disbelief in quiet neighbourhoodMay 23rd, 2008 - 10:49 pm ICT by admin
Noida, May 23 (IANS) This genteel neighbourhood, largely inhabited by retired armed forces officers and their families, will take long to get over the shock of the twin murders in their gated community. While some expressed utter shock, others just couldn’t digest the gruesome tale of a father allegedly killing his daughter and servant over “extramarital affair” that happened even as they slept soundly in the air-conditioned comfort of their middle class homes in Jal Vayu Vihar, about an hour’s drive from downtown New Delhi.
“It’s very surprising that a father could do such a heinous act with his daughter. The whole theory is just very difficult to digest,” Shilpi, a neighbour told IANS.
Prabha Devi, 60, said: “We are in a complete shock. Can’t believe Rajesh can murder his daughter.”
People showed their disbelief when the police raised a question about the slain girl’s character.
“It is just impossible. Aarushi was a brilliant, loving and innocent girl. She was the school captain of DPS Noida. How can she do such a thing? The police are just coming out with a baseless theory,” R.P. Bhowmik, another neighbour said.
“The police is simply destroying the character of a little, sweet girl, who has nothing to do with it, not even by far,” Bhowmik said.
Asha Ram, who used to see Aarushi coming and leaving her house daily with her mother Nupur, said: “Aarushi was an innocent girl, and behaved well with us when I used to take clothes for ironing at her house. We never saw her interacting with any outsider or with any colony member. She always remained with her mother and used to go only to her school or tutions.”
“She was an ever-smiling girl, who never kept relations with any outsider. It’s very shocking and rather unbelievable for us to listen that she had anything to do like that.”
Aarushi, a Class 9 student of Delhi Public School (Noida) was found dead with her throat slit and multiple stab injuries on her face, chest and neck exactly a week ago on May 16.
- Engineering girl student commits suicide - May 21, 2012
- We are innocent, will fight for justice, says Aarushi's mother - Feb 10, 2011
- Aarushi case: Friends react to CBI court's order - Feb 09, 2011
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Aarushi's parents want to examine CBI report - Jan 02, 2011
- Outraged Bangladeshi family demands justice for 'whipped to death' raped daughter - Feb 05, 2011
- Aarushi's parents seek copy of closure report, blame CBI (Lead) - Jan 02, 2011
- Family and friends remember Aarushi on her second death anniversary - May 17, 2010
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Aarushi murder case: Servants plan to sue CBI - Jan 02, 2011
- SC rejects plea, Talwars vow to nail Aarushi killers (Second Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Justice will one day prevail, say Rajesh and Nupur Talwar - Jun 07, 2012
- Court reserves order on Nupur Talwar's bail - May 01, 2012
- High court rejects Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Aarushi case: Dental association 'shocked' over court order - Feb 09, 2011