Shivani murder: Court seeks police reply on parole plea (Lead)January 4th, 2012 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 4 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday sought a response from Delhi Police on a plea by Pradeep Sharma, a convict serving life term in the journalist Shivani Bhatnagar murder case, seeking parole for re-establishing family contact.
Shivani, a journalist with the Indian Express, was murdered at her Navkunj Apartments flat at I.P. Extension in east Delhi Jan 23, 1999.
Justice Mukta Gupta would now take up the plea March 14.
Sharma said that Oct 8, 2009 he was granted bail for two months.
“I be allowed to be released on parole for re-establishing family and social ties as there was no allegation that I had earlier breached conditions imposed by the court,” he said.
The Oct 12 last year upheld the rigorous life imprisonment sentence awarded to Sharma by the trial court March 24, 2008.
The high court acquitted former Haryana police officer R.K. Sharma and two other accused Sri Bhagwan and Satya Prakash.
- Highlights of judgment on Shivani Bhatnagar murder - Oct 12, 2011
- Shivani murder: R.K. Sharma's acquittal challenged in apex court (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Shivani Bhatnagar murder: Ex-cop R.K. Sharma walks free - Oct 12, 2011
- Acquittal of five in Shivani Bhatnagar murder case contested (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Chronology of Shivani Bhatnagar murder case - Oct 12, 2011
- Verdict on appeal of Shivani murder case convicts Wednesday - Oct 11, 2011
- Lawyer questioned for criticising Shivani case judge (Lead) - Oct 24, 2011
- Acquittal of five in Shivani Bhatnagar case contested - Feb 13, 2012
- Shivani murder case: Convict's bail plea rejected - Mar 26, 2010
- Lifer in Shivani Bhatnagar murder granted interim bail - Oct 08, 2009
- Shivani Bhatnagar murder accused R.K. Sharma granted interim bail - Aug 03, 2009
- Naina Sahni murder: Sharma allowed to nurse mother - Aug 25, 2010
- Naina Sahni murder: Sushil Sharma seeks parole - Jul 05, 2010
- Notice to Delhi Police over R.K. Sharma's appeal - Apr 29, 2008
- Manu Sharma's parole plea decision Nov 16 (Lead) - Nov 14, 2011
Tags: allegation, bhagwan, convict, delhi high court, delhi police, east delhi, gupta, haryana police, indian express, life imprisonment, mukta, murder case, plea, police officer, pradeep sharma, prakash, r k sharma, satya, social ties, trial court