Shirdi trust moots action against ‘duplicate’ Sai templesNovember 11th, 2010 - 8:38 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Nov 11 (IANS) The Shri Sai Baba Sansthan Trust (SSBST) is considering legal action against four Sai Baba temples in the country which claim to have samadhis (mausoleum) of the ascetic on their premises.
“Sai Baba undertook Samadhi at Shirdi on Vijaya Dashmi day in 1918. No other place can have his samadhi anywhere else other than Shirdi,” Ashok Khambekar, managing trustee of SSBST, told reporters here.
The four Sai Baba temples claiming to have duplicate samadhis are in Hyderabad, Dehradun, Pune and Bangalore.
“We have asked them to remove the samadhi and are waiting for their response. We are also considering taking legal action against them if they do not comply with our request,” Khambekar said.
“They can have temples and idols of Sai Baba, but they cannot play around by having duplicate mausoleums on their premises,” Khambekar said.
Located in the village of Shirdi in Maharashtra’s Ahmednagar district, the SSBST is said to be the second richest temple trust after the Tirupati Tirumala Devasthanam trust in Andhra Pradesh.
- Replica of Shirdi Sai Baba temple in Mumbai - Dec 14, 2011
- Shirdi temple trust to honour Tendulkar - Apr 04, 2011
- Sai Baba's ashram resumes celebrating festivals - May 17, 2011
- Travelator to make Shirdi Sai Baba temple visit hassle-free - Nov 09, 2011
- Puttaparthi traders demand state takeover of Sai trust (Lead) - Jun 25, 2011
- Puttaparthi observes shutdown against Sathaya Sai trust - Jun 25, 2011
- Saibaba Temple gets diamonds worth Rs.1.18 crore - Aug 01, 2012
- Sai Baba devotees celebrate Avataar declaration day - Oct 20, 2011
- Sathya Sai trust yet to submit report to government - Jul 05, 2011
- Shirdi's Sai Baba temple goes green with solar steam cooking system - Oct 20, 2010
- Court sacks 18 Saibaba temple trustees - Mar 13, 2012
- Shirdi temple gets new trustees (Second Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Sai trust member quizzed by police for five hours (Second Lead) - Jun 25, 2011
- With Sai Baba gone, Puttaparthy faces uncertainty - Apr 28, 2011
- Tirumala temple shut for lunar eclipse - Jun 16, 2011