Shirdi temple: new trustees appointedMarch 28th, 2012 - 11:26 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 28 (IANS) In a late night move, the Maharashtra government has appointed a new board of trustees for the Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust to replace the old set sacked earlier this month, an official said Wednesday.
Veteran Congress member Jayant Sasane, who was chairman in the outgoing board, has made a comeback in the post for another three years, while a Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) activist has been appointed vice chairman of the trust to oversee the affairs of the shrine complex in Shirdi.
The government move to appoint the new board came late Tuesday to adhere to the Bombay High Court deadline of March 28 for forming the new body.
On March 13, the Bombay High Court’s Aurangabad Bench sacked the 18 members of the Shirdi-based Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust (SSST), jolting the ruling Congress-NCP controlled body.
The division bench of Justice Naresh Patil and Justice T.V. Nalawade had also warned that the court would hand over the SSST management to court-appointed administrators unless the government appointed a new committee within 15 days.
“Ghanshyam Shelar has been appointed as vice chairman, while cabinet minister Radhakrishna Vikhe-Patil (retained), Shailesh Kute and Snehalata Kolhe are some of the other new trustees,” a happy Sasane told IANS early today.
- Shirdi temple: new trustees appointed (Lead, changing dateline) - Mar 28, 2012
- Shirdi temple gets new trustees (Second Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Court sacks 18 Saibaba temple trustees (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Court stays new Shirdi temple board of trustees - Mar 30, 2012
- Court sacks 18 Saibaba temple trustees - Mar 13, 2012
- Mumbai businessman offers silver throne for Shirdi Saibaba (With Image) - Mar 23, 2012
- Shutdown in Shirdi, villagers go on hunger strike - Apr 20, 2011
- Saibaba's sandals will not be taken to Britain - Aug 23, 2010
- Shirdi temple trust to honour Tendulkar - Apr 04, 2011
- Travelator to make Shirdi Sai Baba temple visit hassle-free - Nov 09, 2011
- Shirdi's Sai Baba temple goes green with solar steam cooking system - Oct 20, 2010
- Saibaba Temple gets diamonds worth Rs.1.18 crore - Aug 01, 2012
- Replica of Shirdi Sai Baba temple in Mumbai - Dec 14, 2011
- Shirdi trust moots action against 'duplicate' Sai temples - Nov 11, 2010
- Shirdis Super Specialty Hospital at the service of the poorest of the poor - Jun 05, 2008
Tags: aurangabad, bombay high court, cabinet minister, congress member, congress ncp, court deadline, division bench, government move, jayant, kute, maharashtra government, naresh, nationalist congress party, new committee, night move, outgoing board, radhakrishna, shirdi temple, shri saibaba, vice chairman