Ship that allegedly brought in terrorists interceptedNovember 27th, 2008 - 5:59 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 27 (IANS) An Indian Navy ship Thursday gave a chase through high seas to intercept a merchant vessel that is suspected to have brought 10 terrorists to Mumbai for staging Wednesday’s synchronised attacks that rocked India and brought Mumbai to a standstill.”As of now, all that can be confirmed is that the vessel has been intercepted,” an Indian Navy officer here said.
The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) had also deployed two fast patrol vessels and two aircraft to look for merchant vessel, an ICG official said.
“The coastline from Gujarat to Mumbai is being currently patrolled to look for the MV Alpha,” an ICG official in Mumbai had told IANS on telephone shortly before the vessel was intercepted.
The most audacious terror attack in Mumbai began Wednesday night when militants attacked high profile landmarks, including the Taj Mahal Palace and Tower Hotel, the Oberoi Trident Hotel, the Metro Theatre and the Chhatrapati Shivaji (formerly Victoria Terminus) railway terminus.
At least 101 people, including a foreign tourist and four top police officers, were killed and over 250 injured in the attacks.
- Another piracy attempt foiled, 16 pirates held - Mar 27, 2011
- 26/11, a grim reminder of our perilous neighbourhood: Antony - Nov 26, 2010
- Kasab death sentence: Mumbai court to decide Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Chidambaram pays tribute to 26/11 martyrs - Nov 26, 2010
- Chidambaram to pay homage to Mumbai terror attack victims - Nov 25, 2010
- High court to decide on Kasab death sentence Feb 21 (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Three years on, India remembers 26/11 victims - Nov 26, 2011
- Indian Navy, Coast Guard foil another piracy attempt (Lead) - Feb 06, 2011
- Barack Obama's weekend schedule in Mumbai - Nov 05, 2010
- Mumbai terror attack footage to be screened in apex court - Feb 22, 2012
- Kasab: He first took to crime, then to jehad - Aug 29, 2012
- Indian Navy foils another piracy attempt - Nov 12, 2010
- Why name Saeed, Lakhvi in 26/11 verdict, asks Jamaat-ud-Dawa - May 04, 2010
- Ten terrorists who held Mumbai to ransom - Aug 29, 2012
- I-Day scare: Navy intercepts suspicious ship off Mumbai, recovers weapons - Aug 15, 2011