Shibu Soren cleared of murder charge in 1975 massacreMarch 6th, 2008 - 6:35 pm ICT by admin
Ranchi, March 6 (IANS) Former union minister Shibu Soren was Thursday acquitted of a murder charge in connection with the massacre of 11 people in a Jharkhand village in 1975. A fast-track court in Jharkhand’s Jamtara district acquitted Soren and six others, while convicting 14 people for the lynching of 11 people including nine Muslims by a mob in Chirudih village of Jamtara district Jan 23, 1975. One suspect is still absconding.
The former minister and Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) chief had been forced to quit the union council of ministers for the first time in July 2004 after being declared an absconder in this case.
Soren had been accused of inciting the mob through a speech where he attacked “outsiders” in what was then the state of Bihar.
- Soren acquitted in third murder case, is a relieved man (Lead) - Jun 15, 2010
- Soren cleared in third murder case, is a relieved man (Second Lead) - Jun 15, 2010
- Shibu Soren to decide JMM's stand on presidential poll - Jun 24, 2012
- Shibu Soren - popular politician despite corruption, murder taints (Profile) - Dec 30, 2009
- Shibu Soren acquitted in 1974 double murder case - Jun 15, 2010
- Verdict in murder case involving Soren June 15 - Jun 03, 2010
- Four JMM legislators boycott legislative party meeting - Oct 19, 2011
- Will luck favour Shibu Soren the third time? - Dec 27, 2009
- Jharkhand leaders violate land law? - Feb 18, 2012
- Kishenji's death not good for country: Shibu Soren - Dec 02, 2011
- Shibu Soren takes stock of Munda's development work - Nov 11, 2010
- Shibu Soren elected JMM president for sixth time - Sep 22, 2010
- JMM fields Saneev Kumar for Rajya Sabha - Apr 17, 2012
- Hope BJP will support our Rajya Sabha candidate: JMM - Mar 26, 2012
- Soren rejects Munda's plea, JMM joins Jamshedpur by-poll (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011