Shevchenko to rejoin AC Milan from ChelseaAugust 24th, 2008 - 7:06 pm ICT by IANS
Milan, Aug 24 (DPA) AC Milan said they are awaiting the return of their former striker Andriy Shevchenko from Chelsea after closing a controversial deal.The website of the Serie A giants said Sunday that the Ukrainian was due “in Milan to undergo medical tests Monday. The terms of the financial agreement with Chelsea are confidential”.
Sheva, who turns 32 Sep 29, played seven seasons at Milan. He scored 173 goals in 296 games and won a Serie A title and the Champions League with them.
“I’m fine and I’m happy,” he was quoted as saying. “I have been hoping to return for a while and I hoped that the negotiation turned out well. For me, it’s like having won a Champions League. There have been some complications, but now that it’s over I’m truly happy.”
Shevchenko left Milan to join the London powerhouse in 2006. His stint at Chelsea, however, was far from convincing and he was often left out of the starting lineup.
- Liverpool rejects 35 million pound Chelsea bid for Torres - Jan 28, 2011
- Milan coach Ancelotti in talks with Chelsea - May 26, 2009
- Shevchenko hands Ukraine dream start at Euro 2012 - Jun 12, 2012
- Ronaldo urges Mourinho not to leave Real Madrid - Apr 16, 2011
- Nothing special if Chelsea wins title: Ancelotti - Apr 25, 2010
- Ancelotti vows to dump Man U out of Champion League - Mar 19, 2011
- Not the time to celebrate: Shevchenko - Jun 12, 2012
- Euro 2012: Menez and Cabaye on target as France dominate Ukraine (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Euro 2012: Menez and Cabaye on target as France dominate Ukraine - Jun 16, 2012
- Spartak seal passage to Champions League group stage - Aug 30, 2012
- Mourinho's Chelsea was stronger than Ancelotti's team: Ferguson - May 23, 2010
- Champions League: Barcelona held by Milan, Arsenal by Dortmund - Sep 14, 2011
- Mourinho confident of replacing Ferguson to be Man U's new boss - Apr 15, 2011
- Chelsea players want me to stay: Ancelotti - Jan 07, 2011
- Ukraine's coach Blokhin names Euro 2012 squad - May 30, 2012