Shehla murder: CBI gets remand of another accusedMarch 20th, 2012 - 6:37 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, March 20 (IANS) A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court Tuesday sent another accused in Right to Information (RTI) activist Shehla Masood’s murder case to a week’s custody of the agency.
Tabish, arrested in Uttar Pradesh’s Kanpur city Monday, was brought before the court in Indore which sent him to CBI’s custody till March 26, agency lawyer Hemant Shukla said.
He is a cousin of Shaqib ‘Danger’, a Bhopal-based criminal arrested by CBI last month in connection with the murder.
Tabish’s arrest came on the information of Irfan Ali, another Kanpur-based shooter arrested earlier.
Meanwhile, Irfan, who was claiming that it was Shanu Olanga who shot the RTI activist dead, has now accepted that it was not Shanu but he, who had shot her, CBI sources said.
“Shanu got killed sometime back in an incident not related with this murder and to save himself, Irfan was lying to us,” said a CBI official.
Besides Shaqib, Irfan and Tabish, CBI has arrested two women, interior designer Zahida Parvez and her friend Saba Farooqui in the murder.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Dhruv Narayan Singh has also been quizzed several times by CBI and has undergone a lie detector test as well.
- CBI visits Shehla Masood's house with shooter - Mar 11, 2012
- Shehla murder: CBI recovers revolver, bike used in crime - Mar 25, 2012
- 'Jealous woman architect plotted Shehla Masood murder' - Mar 04, 2012
- CBI to quiz Shehla Masood murder accused for 3 days - Mar 03, 2012
- No clean chit to BJP legislator in Shehla murder case: CBI - Mar 06, 2012
- CBI questions legislator in Shehla Masood murder - Mar 03, 2012
- Shehla murder: BJP legislator offers to quit party post - Mar 14, 2012
- CBI arrests another woman for murder - Mar 02, 2012
- CBI hints at BJP legislator's role in Shehla Masood's murder (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Shehla murder: Congress demands arrest of BJP legislator - Apr 12, 2012
- BJP MLA to be put through lie detector test in Masood murder case - Mar 09, 2012
- One arrested in Kanpur for Shehla murder - Mar 19, 2012
- Shehla murder: Accused says BJP legislator guilty - Apr 11, 2012
- Shehla Masood murder: Legislator's house raided - Mar 04, 2012
- Another arrest in Shehla Masood murder case (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
Tags: activist, cbi court, cbi sources, central bureau of investigation, cousin, farooqui, indore, interior designer, irfan ali, kanpur city, legislator, lie detector test, murder case, narayan, parvez, saba, several times, shooter, two women, uttar pradesh