Sheer coincidence? Blast dates across India have a patternDecember 4th, 2008 - 5:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 4 (IANS) Is it just a co-incidence? An email doing the rounds these days lists the dates of the terror attacks in India over the last seven months. And they seem to be following a pattern.The email highlights that the country has been hit by serial blasts every alternate month, since May, and that too on the 13th and the 26th of the month alternately.
The blasts in Jaipur were on May 13, Ahemdabad saw the brutal face of terror July 26. Delhi was ripped through Sep 13 and the latest, Mumbai was attacked Nov 26.
“Will Jan 13 be the next day of terror and blood? And which city will be next?” the email wonders.
Killing at least 60 people in seven synchronised blasts across Jaipur, May 13 spelled doom for residents of the colourful tourist attraction of Rajasthan. The blasts left more than 100 injured.
Ahmedabad was next targeted July 26, a Saturday, when serial blasts killed 50 people and injured at least 200.
Delhi was hit Sep 13, again a Saturday, when five blasts ripped through popular market areas of the capital, killing 24 and injuring over 100 people.
The latest attack - on the country’s commercial capital, Mumbai - last week has left the whole nation shocked. The terror assault that lasted for about 60 hours left 172 people dead.
“It could be a coincidence but the pattern is unnerving. With railway stations, markets, five-star hotels and almost every other place being hit by terrorists at their will, you never know what happens next,” said Ashwin Mehra, a student.
“It’s an unpredictable time that we are living in when no one feels safe and this is why such a large number of people have finally come together to demand their safety and security. Finally, people have started saying that enough is enough,” he added referring to massive demonstrations Wednesday night in Mumbai.
- Date with terror: It is again the 13th - Jul 14, 2011
- Chronology of recent terror attacks in India - Jul 13, 2011
- US condemns blasts, offers support - Jul 14, 2011
- Terror trail in India: 780 killed since 2005 - Feb 14, 2010
- Mumbai blasts on Ajmal Kasab's birthday - Jul 13, 2011
- Blasts look pre-planned: Ashok Chavan - Jul 13, 2011
- Bomb attacks in Maharashtra since 1993 - Jul 14, 2011
- Major terror strikes in Maharashtra - Feb 13, 2010
- Blasts came two days after 5th anniversary of train bombings - Jul 14, 2011
- Zaveri Bazar became target for the third time - Jul 14, 2011
- Nepal police arrest Mumbai blast suspect: Report - Jul 26, 2011
- Five years on, Mumbai train blast victims to meet PM - Jul 06, 2011
- Mumbai blasts comes ahead of India-Pakistan talks (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- High court blast is 19th attack in Delhi in 15 years - Sep 07, 2011
- Now, ID proof must to buy bicycles in Jaipur - Aug 03, 2012