Shashi Tharoor’s professional training academy to open WednesdayMay 12th, 2008 - 4:47 pm ICT by admin
Thiruvananthapuram, May 12(IANS) Former UN under-secretary general Shashi Tharoor’s professional training academy will open at the Technopark campus here Wednesday. “The academy will be world class with state-of-the-art technology and a leading team of professionals who will train students and develop their English speaking skills. The duration of the course is two months and there will be just 20 students per batch. The fees will be Rs.30,000,” Tharoor told reporters here.
The institute will be inaugurated Wednesday in the presence of Kerala Governor R.L. Bhatia, Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan and Education Minister M.A. Baby.
Tharoor, who is also chairman of Dubai-based Afras Projects India, and Technopark CEO R.K. Nair had inked the agreement to start the Afras Academy for Business Communications last year. The institute will focus on capacity building for young professionals.
Technopark is providing the infrastructure and has invested Rs.20 million in the academy, which will be headed by American speech pathologist and trainer Tina Parsons.
“I am not a teacher and there is no place for amateurs like me in teaching. But I will be coming to the institute often,” said Tharoor.
- Master plan of Kerala Technocity ready - Aug 17, 2012
- Achuthanandan denies appointing son to crucial post - Jul 13, 2011
- Probe ordered into appointment of Achuthanandan's son (Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- Technopark TBI empanelled as partner by TISS - Jan 17, 2012
- Infosys to set up second campus in Thiruvananthapuram - Apr 04, 2012
- Online tutorial for professional examination launched - Feb 12, 2012
- Oracle sets up office in Technopark in Kerala - Apr 18, 2011
- The NRI as bureaucrat: coaching schools warm up to idea - Aug 07, 2012
- Technopark TBI to get seed funding from union ministry - Jan 31, 2011
- TCS to set up training centre at Technocity - Sep 13, 2010
- Indian Science Congress begins on upbeat note (Lead) - Jan 03, 2010
- HCL Infosystems to set up research centre in Kerala - Dec 07, 2010
- Now a 7-inch tablet for Rs.5,399! - Apr 24, 2012
- Shashi Tharoor arrives in Lahore - Jan 03, 2012
- Kerala gets first product testing and certification centre - Aug 20, 2012