Sharman replaces ‘Fido Dido’ as 7UP brand ambassadorMarch 21st, 2011 - 6:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 21 (IANS) Bollywood actor Sharman Joshi has replaced the cartoon character of Fido Dido as the face of PepsiCo’s aerated drink 7UP.
Sharman has been signed up for two years, and sources said he has been paid Rs.5 crore for the endorsement deal.
The campaign for the drink, ‘Gussa Hatao, Chill Machao’, involves two television commercials and will focus on simple issues of anger management.
Sharman said he was excited about the commercials, which will be aired by the end of March.
“I have always enjoyed drinking 7UP, hence I believe this endorsement was meant to be. I am glad to be a part of this interesting and exciting campaign, which delivers a message I personally believe in, as anger leads to nothing but regret,” Sharman said in a press statement.
The actor, who has featured in films like “Rang De Basanti”, “Golmaal”, “Life…In A Metro”, “Sorry Bhai”, “3 Idiots” and “Toh Baat Pakki”, also admits he was quite upbeat about the campaign as he was getting to shoot with his “3 Idiots” director Rajkumar Hirani.
A PepsiCo spokesperson says Sharman has been roped in for his calm attitude.
“Sharman, with his calm, unruffled and extremely affable personality, is a perfect match to highlight the brand’s positioning of a cool, refreshing drink,” said Alpana Titus, category marketing director (flavoured carbonated drinks), PepsiCo India Beverages.
Sharman’s forthcoming projects include “Ferrari Ki Sawaari” with Deepika Padukone, produced by Vidhu Vinod Chopra.
- Vidya Balan bags another endorsement deal (With Image) - May 21, 2012
- I would've loved to be a footballer, says Ranbir (With Images) - Feb 29, 2012
- Pepsi test-markets Slice in Canada to tap diaspora market - Feb 11, 2012
- Indra Nooyi gets a raise, makes $17 mn in 2011 - Mar 24, 2012
- 'Ferrari Ki Sawaari' to release April 27, 2012 - Sep 25, 2011
- Mountain Dew sued after dead mouse found in a soda can - Jan 04, 2012
- Aamir hopes 'Ferrari Ki Sawaari' beats '3 Idiots' success - Jun 15, 2012
- Sharman humbled by praise, success - Jun 18, 2012
- Nicki Minaj new face of Pepsi - Mar 20, 2012
- Could 'skinny' diet Pepsi turn out to be a big fat faux pas? - Feb 12, 2011
- Mountain Dew offers fans chance to play against Kings XI - Mar 04, 2010
- 'Ferrari...' races with 'Chakradhaar', 'Qasam Se Qasam Se' (IANS Preview) - Jun 11, 2012
- Salman appointed first brand ambassador of Mountain Dew - Dec 30, 2010
- 'Ferrari Ki..' was a joyride: Rajesh Mapuskar - May 28, 2012
- Beverage makers set for summer war in $10 bn market - Apr 09, 2012
Tags: affable personality, alpana, anger management, carbonated drinks, cartoon character, category marketing, crore, deepika padukone, dido, endorsement deal, forthcoming projects, march 21, pepsico, perfect match, rajkumar hirani, refreshing drink, sharman joshi, spokesperson, television commercials, vinod chopra