Sharapova admits breaking up with boyfriendSeptember 1st, 2012 - 3:06 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Sep 1 (IANS) Four-time Grand Slam winner Maria Sharapova has admitted that she has broken up with Slovenian basketball player Sasha Vujacic.
At her post-match news conference following a 6-1, 6-1 victory over Mallory Burdette to reach the fourth round of the US Open here Friday, Sharapova said her relationship with Vujacic has been over “since the end of spring”, reports Xinhua.
Vujacic was seen at Wimbledon last year to cheer Sharapova during her run to the final but his move from the NBA to Turkey made it difficult for the pair to see each other.
“It was a really nice period for both of us but our career schedules just made it extremely difficult to see each other with the travelling, especially his move to Turkey,” said Sharapova.
- Reports on Istanbul wedding false: Sharapova - Aug 05, 2012
- I feared I was pregnant: Sharapova - Aug 28, 2012
- Maria Sharapova's new haircut sparks internet frenzy - Apr 18, 2012
- U.S. Open: Robson ousts Li Na - Sep 01, 2012
- Maria Sharapova and Sasha Vujajic Got Engaged! - Oct 23, 2010
- Basketball Star Sasha Vujacic To Tie The Knot With Maria Sharapova - Oct 23, 2010
- Sharapova wins French Open, completes career Grand Slam (Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Maria Sharapova's engagement ring costs $250K - Oct 26, 2010
- Sharapova stoic about losing No.1 spot - Jul 03, 2012
- Clijsters upsets Ivanovic at Olympics - Aug 01, 2012
- Putin congratulates Sharapova on French Open victory - Jun 10, 2012
- Sharapova feels "spoiled" with $250K engagement ring - Nov 03, 2010
- Roundup: Berdych stuns Federer out of US Open - Sep 06, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Williams sets up final with Sharapova - Aug 04, 2012
- Wimbledon: Sharapova knocked out; Williams survives scare (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: basketball player, grand slam winner, mallory, maria sharapova, match news, nba, news conference, relationship, sasha vujacic, slovenian basketball, spring reports, turkey, victory, wimbledon, xinhua