Shakuntala Misra University to start more departmentsJune 18th, 2011 - 10:50 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 18 (IANS) The Shakuntala Misra University here in Uttar Pradesh capital, described as the first of its kind in Asia to be devoted exclusively to the physically challenged, Saturday announced eight additional departments for undergraduate and post-graduate degree programmes from July.
The eight additional departments to offer the courses from the next academic session will be for Hindi, English, history, political science/public administration, sociology/social work, music, economics and management besides special education.
The admission forms can either be downloaded from the varsity’s website www.dsmru.ac.in or obtained from the university counter, Raj Prasad Singh, vice-chancellor of the university and principal secretary to the chief minister, said Saturday.
The University will commence the under-graduate programmes from July 18 and post-graduate courses from Aug 1.
The foundation of the Shakuntala Misra University was laid Oct 9, 2008, the second death anniversary of Bahujan Samaj Party founder Kanshi Ram.
It is named after the late mother of BSP general secretary Satish Chandra Misra.
Spread over 130 acres, the university reserves 50 percent seats for physically-challenged children.
Of these, half the seats are reserved for visually challenged students.
- Transgenders hail reservation in Bangalore varsity courses - Jul 27, 2010
- Court reserves order against DU teachers - May 12, 2011
- Mayawati names university after Satish Misra's mother - Sep 04, 2009
- IGNOU starts online training programme for teachers - Dec 26, 2010
- Himachal varsity to reserve additional seat for girls - Mar 12, 2010
- Now, more seats for girls in Himachal varsity - May 16, 2010
- IGNOU extends last date for admission applications - Jun 20, 2012
- Government considering common entrance for central varsities - Nov 19, 2010
- Australian universities woo students from India - Jul 31, 2012
- MCI moots reforms in medical courses, exams - Mar 30, 2011
- Exempt Tamil Nadu from common medical entrance test: Jayalalithaa - Aug 02, 2011
- Vice chancellor, officials confined in office overnight in Bengal - Apr 26, 2012
- Girl power in Jamia (To go with: Turkish language course flavour at Jamia) - Aug 05, 2012
- Haryana to re-open sports sciences college - Jul 23, 2011
- Court asks MCI to grant additional seats in Telangana colleges - Jul 13, 2012
Tags: academic session, chief minister, death anniversary, degree programmes, english history, general secretary, graduate degree, misra, party founder, political science, post graduate courses, prasad, principal secretary, satish chandra, science public, second death, shakuntala, special education, university reserves, vice chancellor