Shah Rukh laughs off ’spat’ with AamirFebruary 5th, 2009 - 12:38 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 4 (IANS) The two Bollywood superstars have taken digs at each other, and even apologised to each other. Shah Rukh Khan Wednesday laughed off the so-called spat with Aamir Khan as a joke but added that his rival at times did say things to his dislike.“I don’t pick on Aamir. You guys (the media) make a big thing out of it. It’s a joke, so we carry on with it. It’s no big deal,” said Shah Rukh, who was at the Emporio Mall here as the brand ambassador of Swiss watch brand Tag Heuer.
King Khan, as he is fondly called, cleared all rumours about the ‘cold war’ between the two Khans of the Hindi film industry, but said he would have a talk with the “Ghajini” star.
“Sometimes he (Aamir) says something or somebody else says something that I don’t like and I am very serious about it. So I’ll personally talk to him about it,” said Shah Rukh.
Apart from their movies, the two superstars have been hogging the limelight for their public remarks on each other.
Aamir, who was in the capital recently to promote his psychological thriller “Ghajini”, had cleared the air about the war of words by saying that he could never fight with Shah Rukh.
“Do you think I could dare to fight with Shah Rukh. He is a good friend and so I can’t fight with him. I respect him a lot,” Aamir had said.
But it didn’t end at this. Shah Rukh sparked a controversy by proclaiming himself as the biggest brand and saying there cannot be any competition with him.
Taking a dig at the remark, Aamir said: “I don’t believe in competition with others. I only compete with myself.”
Aamir, whose forthcoming project is titled “Three Idiots”, also said that title should be rightfully given to the three Khans of Bollywood - including himself, Shah Rukh and Salman.
“My forthcoming film… is Rajkumar Hirani’s ‘Three Idiots’ and I play the character of an idiot with R. Madhavan and Sharman Joshi. But I think Shah Rukh, Salman and I are truly the three idiots of Bollywood,” he said.
- Salman, Katrina look wonderful together: Shah Rukh - Aug 06, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan is No 1, says Aamir Khan - Dec 22, 2008
- Imran on what sets SRK, Aamir and Salman apart (Movie Snippets) - Sep 02, 2011
- Aamir didn't have to apologise: Shah Rukh - Dec 04, 2009
- No chance of Shah Rukh and I coming together: Salman - Sep 02, 2010
- Shah Rukh is like my elder brother: Sourav - Jun 25, 2011
- Kamal Haasan wants SRK for Menon's remake - Jan 24, 2012
- Reality better than dreams: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Apr 27, 2012
- Shakespearean farce or SRK's short fuse? B-Town debates - Jan 31, 2012
- Katarina extremely posessive about Bollywood Khans - May 14, 2012
- Shah Rukh and I are likeminded: Kunal Kapoor - Mar 13, 2011
- Aamir prepares, Salman is spontaneous: Asin - Jun 03, 2011
- Aamir scared of showing 'Satyamev Jayate' to friends - May 02, 2012
- Salman is number one box office star: Aamir Khan - Sep 10, 2011
- Heroine far from being hero in Bollywood: Kareena - Mar 16, 2012