Shah Rukh discharged from hospital after shoulder surgeryFebruary 17th, 2009 - 7:59 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 17 (IANS) Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who underwent a successful shoulder surgery at the Breach Candy hospital here Monday evening, has been discharged, said a hospital source.
“Shah Rukh has been discharged from the hospital. He left at around 5 p.m.,” a source at the south Mumbai hospital told IANS Tuesday evening.
The actor had to undergo an arthroscopic surgery for acute pain in his left shoulder. Though he had planned to fly to London for the surgery, he chose to get it done in Mumbai under the guidance of Sanjay Desai, the orthopaedic surgeon at Breach Candy.
For now, Shah Rukh has been advised by doctors to refrain from indulging in any heavy-duty action scenes.
“It’s a normal precaution that one has to take. The surgery was long pending and it is good that he finally took out time for it. Keeping in mind that he would only become busier in months to come, it made sense that he got himself operated before it was too late,” Desai had told IANS.
The 43-year-old superstar will be on a forced break for six weeks to recuperate completely. However, he will host the Filmfare Awards on March 7, which were scheduled for Feb 28 earlier. The organisers postponed the date for Shah Rukh’s sake.
- No heavy-duty work for King Khan for a few months - Feb 17, 2009
- Shah Rukh undergoes shoulder surgery, to be discharged soon - Feb 16, 2009
- Now Shah Rukh Khan joins Twitter - Jan 03, 2010
- Shah Rukh to do daring stunts in 'Don 2' - Jun 14, 2009
- Big B to visit ailing Shah Rukh at Mannat - Feb 18, 2009
- Amitabh to be discharged from hospital soon - Feb 20, 2012
- Shoulder function not fully restored after surgery: Study - Jan 17, 2011
- Awards are important, says SRK - Jan 14, 2012
- Shah Rukh mum over patch up - Feb 01, 2012
- Big B unlikely to be discharged Tuesday - Feb 14, 2012
- 'I feel 25,' says Shah Rukh on 44th birthday - Nov 02, 2009
- Vilasrao Deshmukh rushed to Chennai hospital (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Deshmukh remains critical (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- I am repairing well: Amitabh - Mar 04, 2012
- Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan out of action for two months after surgery - Feb 18, 2009