Sex toy causes bomb scare in RussiaMarch 15th, 2011 - 7:28 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, March 15 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A suspicious parcel caused a bomb scare at a post office in Russia, but the package was later found to contain only a sex toy.
Police were called Monday to the post office in Petrozavodsk, capital of Karelia region in Russia’s northwest, who arrived to check a suspicious parcel. But they found a sex toy inside.
The post office staff panicked on hearing a sound resembling a ticking clock and called the police.
The post office was evacuated and cordoned off by police. Bomb experts opened the parcel and found a sex toy inside.
“It (the sex toy) turned on accidentally and started vibrating,” a police spokesman said, adding that the toy will be sent to its addressee.
- Sex toy causes bomb scare in Russian post office - Mar 15, 2011
- Russian bomb squad called to defuse 'sex toy package' - Mar 16, 2011
- Bomb scare at RIA Novosti office - Sep 15, 2011
- Car bomb kills four in Russia - Sep 28, 2011
- 44 killed in Russia plane crash - Jun 21, 2011
- 44 die in Russia plane crash (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Moscow woman creates 'cake bomb' scare - Dec 02, 2011
- Russian postal workers poisoned by toxic parcel - May 31, 2012
- Russia suspends airline after crash kills 47 - Jul 14, 2011
- 44 including 8 foreigners killed in Russian plane crash (Second Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Pilot dies in chopper crash in Russia - Apr 07, 2012
- Russian plane crash toll rises to 46 - Jun 26, 2011
- Parcel bomb detonated outside Greek justice ministry - Feb 02, 2011
- Three dead in North Caucasus blast - Sep 22, 2011
- Corpses end up on street near Russia morgue - Aug 02, 2012