Seven West Bengal police officials served notices for security lapsesNovember 5th, 2008 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 5 (IANS) The West Bengal government Wednesday issued notices to seven police officials for security lapses during Sunday’s landmine blast that targeted Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee and two union ministers, the police said.”Two district deputy superintendent of police, a district intelligence officer, the sub-divisional police officer (SDPO), the officer-in-charge of Salboni police station, the circle inspector and one additional police superintendent have been issued notices,” Inspector General of Police Raj Kanojia told reporters here.
“Explanation has been sought regarding their negligence in supervising the security set up Sunday at Salboni,” he said.
Bhattacharjee and central ministers Ram Vilas Paswan and Jitin Prasada had a narrow escape in the landmine blast, which occurred near a culvert as they were returning after the groundbreaking ceremony of the JSW Bengal Steel project in Salboni.
Six policemen in Paswan’s pilot car were injured in the blast.
- West Bengal chief minister's security increased - Nov 04, 2008
- Bhattacharjee assures JSW of security for Salboni plant - Feb 08, 2010
- Protesters alleging torture lay siege on West Bengal police station - Nov 08, 2008
- Forces, Maoists exchange fire in West Bengal - Oct 24, 2009
- Two suspected Maoists arrested, seven landmines found - Jun 28, 2009
- Landmine blast was administrative failure: Paswan - Nov 18, 2008
- Three policemen suspended for West Bengal landmine blast (Lead) - Nov 04, 2008
- Security up in Maoist-hit area for West Bengal chief minister - Feb 16, 2009
- Maoists own responsibility for Nov 2 blast - Nov 08, 2008
- Security forces reclaim West Bengal's Ramgarh from Maoists (Lead) - Jun 27, 2009
- Maoist leader remanded in police custody till Oct 1 - Sep 27, 2009
- People of Lalgarh want Buddhadeb dead: Maoist leader - Jun 16, 2009
- Maoist leader owns up plan to kill Buddhadeb (Lead) - Jun 16, 2009
- West Bengal tribals protest police harassment (Lead) - Nov 13, 2008
- Pro-Maoist leader makes things tough for CPI-M - May 06, 2011