Seven policemen suspended in Uttar PradeshJune 2nd, 2009 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 2 (IANS) Seven policemen have been suspended in Uttar Pradesh for laxity in investigating a case in which a Dalit man was allegedly beaten to death in the state’s Azamgarh district, an official said Tuesday.
“The policemen were placed under suspension today (Tuesday) following the directives issued by the state police chief Vikram Singh,” Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Brij Lal told reporters.
The suspended policemen include a sub-inspector, a head constable and five constables. An inquiry has also been initiated against the policemen after which further action will be taken against them, he added.
According to police, Sabru Ram of the Tithaupur village in Azamgarh was beaten to death May 29 by a group of locals over a land dispute.
Azamgarh is about 300 km from Lucknow.
- Suspected custody death: Four cops suspended - Nov 04, 2011
- Four Uttar Pradesh cops suspended - Sep 30, 2011
- Rs.5 lakh solatium for Tamil Nadu women raped by cops - Nov 29, 2011
- Murder case against six Uttar Pradesh cops - Jul 30, 2010
- 2 cops found drunk on duty, suspended - Apr 14, 2011
- Vigilance inquiry against four policemen - Mar 30, 2011
- 3 policemen suspended for NRI chef's custodial death - Jan 25, 2011
- Three cops killed as truck rams into police station - Jun 16, 2012
- Four cops suspended over custodial death - Jul 22, 2010
- Staged shootout: Charges framed against Rajasthan IPS officer - May 01, 2012
- Dalit murder case: Cops suspended - Jun 09, 2009
- Mystery shrouds couple's death in police custody - Jun 08, 2012
- Curfew relaxed in violence-hit Ghaziabad area - Sep 17, 2012
- Case against police station: Five cops suspended - Jun 17, 2011
- Court nod for seizing Rajasthan cop's properties - Aug 20, 2011