Seven people including 3 policemen run over by truckMay 28th, 2009 - 4:42 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, May 28 (IANS) Seven people including three policemen were killed and 11 others critically injured when a small truck ran over them on the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway, police said Thursday.
The accident occurred late Wednesday when about a dozen policemen and some other people were trying to clear two vehicles from the expressway, that had met with an accident earlier.
A crane had rammed into a tractor trolley from behind and a rescue team was trying to clear the vehicles from the expressway when a small truck ran over them, killing seven people and critically injuring 11 others, police said.
The three policemen killed in the accident were identified as head constables Krishna Kumar Tyagi, Ashok Kumar and constable Sanjay.
The four others killed in the accident were identified as Mukesh, Vakil, Pramod and Netram Singh.
“We have called a team of experts from Gurgaon to suggest ways make this expressway accident free. They will submit their report within a fortnight,” Inspector General of Police Gurvachan Lal said.
- Two woman cops, three others killed in Rajasthan accidents - Jun 17, 2012
- 14 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Jul 20, 2012
- Three policemen run over by truck in Ghaziabad - Sep 21, 2012
- Agra road accident claims two lives - Apr 27, 2012
- Three cops killed as truck rams into police station - Jun 16, 2012
- 2 killed, 16 injured in Ghaziabad accident - Mar 11, 2012
- Truck runs over cop in Delhi - May 18, 2012
- Two policemen killed in accident - Jun 19, 2011
- 41 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 22, 2011
- Six killed in UP road accident - Aug 27, 2012
- Three killed in road accidents in Greater Noida - Dec 30, 2009
- 3 killed in Noida accident - Aug 07, 2009
- 13 dead in China road accident - Apr 22, 2012
- Criminals run truck over UP sub-inspector - May 17, 2012
- Five die in Yamuna Expressway accident - Aug 29, 2012