Seven officials jailed for fraudulent land allocationSeptember 3rd, 2012 - 10:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sept 3 (IANS) A special court Monday sentenced a former registrar of cooperative societies and six other government officials to one year jail in a Rs.4,000 crore fraudulent plot allotment scam, while four others got three years in jail.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge Vinod Kumar convicted former registrar of cooperative societies (RCS) Narayan Diwakar and six public servants for their alleged involvement in the Rs.4,000 crore cooperative group housing scheme scam.
The other six are are Joint Registrar Jasbeer Singh, Assistant Registrar (Audit) Jitender Sharma, Assistant Registrar Ramesh Chandra, dealing assistant Rakesh Kumar and inspector Faiz Mohammad and P.K. Thirvani.
The court awarded three year jail terms to Sushil Kumar Sharma, Sri Chand, Anna Wankhede and Mohan Lal, who were held guilty of cheating, forgery and criminal conspiracy.
The convicts had fraudulently allotted plots to the Rangmahal Cooperative Group Housing Society in Pitampura area of north Delhi.
- Ex-registrar convicted in housing scam - Aug 29, 2012
- Housing scam: Ex-registrar to stand trial - May 07, 2012
- Charges framed against former cooperative societies registrar - Jul 26, 2012
- Nod given for occupying flats in Dwarka society, court told - Nov 21, 2011
- Registrar of societies fined Rs.10,000 - Apr 24, 2011
- Officer gets four-year jail for forgery - Aug 22, 2012
- Delhi land scam: Charges to be framed against 10 accused - May 05, 2012
- Police file case over Goa land allotment - Aug 18, 2012
- 26 get 1-5 years' jail terms for fodder scam - Feb 02, 2012
- IAS officer acquitted in fodder scam - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: assistant registrar, central bureau of investigation, chand, cooperative group, cooperative societies, criminal conspiracy, diwakar, faiz, housing scheme, housing society, jail terms, land allocation, mohan lal, north delhi, public servants, rakesh kumar, registrar audit, special judge, sushil kumar, vinod kumar