Seven of family killed in Haryana accidentMarch 7th, 2010 - 12:23 pm ICT by IANS
Ambala (Haryana), March 7 (IANS) Seven members of a family were killed early Sunday when their car collided with a bus on the Ambala-Hisar road in Haryana, police said.
The victims included two men, two women and three children. The accident took place near Naggal town, 15 km from here.
The family was returning from a wedding at Zirakpur town near Chandigarh and were heading towards Kaithal town, 80 km from here, when the accident took place.
“Seven members of one family were killed in the head-on collision between the car and a bus. We are trying to extract bodies of the victims,” Naggal station house officer Ajaib Singh told IANS.
Police officials said the driver of the car apparently dozed off while driving, hitting the bus head on. The bus driver fled after the accident.
Traffic was affected on the Ambala-Hisar highway following the accident.
- Five killed in ambulance-truck collision in Haryana - May 15, 2012
- 25 pilgrims killed in Haryana accident - Jul 30, 2012
- 29 pilgrims killed in Haryana accident (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Four burnt alive as trucks collide in Haryana - Jul 28, 2011
- Three of family burnt to death in road accident - May 24, 2011
- 17 devotees killed in Punjab accident - May 07, 2012
- 18 devotees killed in Punjab accident (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Haryana Police advises slow driving during fog - Dec 28, 2010
- One killed as school bus collides with mini-truck - Feb 05, 2012
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- Eight students, driver killed in Haryana accident - Jan 02, 2012
- Lucky escape for 25 kids in school bus accident (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Four killed in Rajasthan bus accident - Apr 28, 2012
- 15 killed as tempo-bus collide in Karnataka (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- 15 killed as tempo collides with bus in Karnataka - Jun 27, 2011