Seven of bikers gang arrestedFebruary 24th, 2010 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 24 (IANS) Delhi Police Wednesday said they had busted a gang of motorcycle-borne criminals involved in robbery in Delhi and nearby areas by arresting seven men.
Acting on a tip, Anzar Ahmed, Mohammad Parvez, Bharat Singh, Kalia and Alakh Ram were arrested from Malviya Nagar in south Delhi while they were planning a burglary.
Two other accomplices, Mohammad Bilal and Rehmat Ali, were later taken into custody, a police officer said.
The police recovered three locally-made pistols with six live cartridges, two knives, a stolen van, eight stolen motorcycles and eight mobile phones from them.
The police identified Anzar Ahmed as the gang leader who had been on the run from the Bihar and Uttar Pradesh where he was involved in murder and robberies.
“They have confessed to their involvement in several robberies in Delhi, Noida and Gurgaon,” the officer said.
- Gang of metal thieves busted - Oct 13, 2010
- Delhi Police bust biker gang - Sep 13, 2010
- Criminal wanted in 17 cases arrested - Mar 16, 2011
- Two car thieves held, eight vehicles recovered - Apr 23, 2011
- Three held for murdering jeweller - May 19, 2011
- Six planning to rob businessman held - Mar 27, 2011
- Dacoit gang busted, five arrested - Feb 21, 2011
- Four vehicle thieves arrested - Mar 18, 2011
- Man wanted since 2004 arrested - Mar 05, 2011
- Gang of Bangladeshi burglars busted (Lead) - Jun 13, 2010
- Dawood's aide among three sharpshooters held - Mar 26, 2011
- Eight robbers, chain-snatchers held in Ghaziabad - Feb 21, 2010
- Four gun-runners held in Jalandhar, weapons seized - May 25, 2012
- Gang of inter-state robbers busted - May 13, 2010
- Gang of Bangladeshi burglars busted in Delhi - Jun 13, 2010
Tags: accomplices, ahmed, bharat, bihar, bikers, bilal, burglary, delhi police, gang leader, kalia, mohammad, nearby areas, noida, parvez, pistols, police officer, robberies, robbery, seven men, south delhi