Seven militants killed in Afghanistan joint operationAugust 17th, 2008 - 4:06 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Aug 17 (Xinhua) Seven Taliban militants were killed in a joint operation by the Afghan National Security Force (ANSF) and the US-led coalition forces in the southern Afghan province of Zabul, said an official Sunday. The joint forces on intelligence inputs searched and located one Taliban hideout in the mountainous area of Daichopan, said Fazel Bari, the district chief said.
“The combined forces engaged militants in the compound and called in airstrike destroying the militant base and killing seven,” Bari said.
“Two Arab fighters were among the dead,” he said. “There were no casualties on the combined forces,” he added.
There was no immediate comment from the Taliban.
Conflicts and spiralling insurgency have claimed more than 2,500 lives so far this year in the war-torn Afghanistan.
- 13 insurgents killed, 8 held in Afghanistan - Dec 10, 2011
- 100 militants killed in Afghan operation - Jul 23, 2011
- Eight Taliban killed in Afghanistan - May 06, 2012
- 18 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Aug 13, 2011
- Afghan police kill 15 militants, detain 11 - Aug 23, 2012
- 13 insurgents killed in Afghanistan - Aug 04, 2011
- 27 militants killed in Afghanistan - Nov 17, 2011
- 22 Taliban insurgents killed - Oct 17, 2011
- 21 militants killed, 19 held in Afghanistan - Oct 15, 2011
- 42 Taliban killed, 37 held in Afghanistan - Dec 04, 2011
- Seven militants killed in Afghanstan - Mar 18, 2012
- Eight Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Jan 26, 2011
- Eight Taliban killed, 13 held in Afghanistan (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Afghan forces kill 14 militants - Jul 04, 2010
- Afghan, NATO forces kill 80 Taliban fighters (Lead) - Jul 04, 2010