Seven Maoists surrender in BengalMay 23rd, 2012 - 5:39 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 23 (IANS) Seven members of the Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) have surrendered with weapons in West Bengal’s Jhargram district, police said Wednesday.
This follows an appeal from Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, Jhargram Superintendent of Police Bharati Ghosh said.
The Maoists were in their 20s and 30s. They laid down their arms before Director General of West Bengal Police Naparajit Mukherjee.
One of the rebels is Jagannath Soren alias Hero, the security guard of slain Maoist leader Koteswar Rao alias Kishenji.
So far 23 Maoists have surrendered after the Trinamool Congress came to power in the state in May.
- Seven Maoists surrender in Bengal (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Kishenji eliminated in Didi's regime - an irony? (West Bengal Newsletter) - Nov 27, 2011
- CPI-Maoist calls shutdown to protest Kishenji killing - Nov 27, 2011
- Elimination of Kishenji not planned, just happened: Mamata - Mar 09, 2012
- Strands of similarity in Azad, Kishenji killings - Nov 26, 2011
- Top woman Maoist surrenders, Mamata says Holi gift (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Kishenji was given three days to surrender: Mamata - Nov 27, 2011
- Manhunt for Kishenji in Junglemahal, five arrested - Nov 23, 2011
- Congress MP, hundreds attend Kishenji cremation - Nov 27, 2011
- Police comb forests, hunt for Kishenji's aides - Nov 25, 2011
- Kishenji's niece identifies his body - Nov 26, 2011
- Shocked the way Kishenji was killed: Forward Bloc - Dec 03, 2011
- Are Maoists losing ground in West Bengal? - Dec 30, 2010
- Mamata has killed Kishenji: Varavara Rao - Nov 26, 2011
- Seven Maoists get political prisoner status - Aug 08, 2012
Tags: alias, bharati, chief minister, communist party of india, CPI, director general, district police, ghosh, jagannath, jhargram, kolkata, maoist, maoists, rebels, security guard, soren, superintendent, surrender, trinamool congress, west bengal police