Seven killed in two Bengal accidentsJune 17th, 2012 - 10:32 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 17 (IANS) Seven people, including three women, were killed and eight others injured in two separate road accidents in West Bengal on Sunday, police said.
In the first, six of a family were killed and six others injured after the vehicle they were travelling in collided with a state transport bus in Nadia district, 80 km from Kolkata.
“Twelve people were returning from a social gathering in the afternoon when their Tata Sumo hit a state bus from behind and overturned. Six of the family including two women were killed and six others were injured,” a police officer said.
While two people died on the spot, four others succumbed to injuries in a hospital. Five of the six injured are in critical condition and have been brought to hospital in Kolkata, added the officer.
In the second accident, a woman was crushed to death and two others were injured after a speeding bus lost control and hit a wall beside the road in Kolkata, police said.
- Seven killed in two Bengal road accidents - May 28, 2012
- Nine killed in Haryana accident - Oct 28, 2011
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Six killed in Gujarat accident - Jul 09, 2011
- Bus accident in northern Pakistan kills 6, injures 23 - Jan 17, 2012
- 21 dead in China road accidents - Jan 12, 2011
- 16 killed in Kashmir road accident - Aug 20, 2011
- 10 killed in Orissa road accident - Nov 03, 2011
- Three kids dead, 15 hurt in Russia accident - May 14, 2012
- Six killed, 45 wounded in bangladesh in road accidents - Jul 19, 2011
- 12 killed in car-bus collision in Pakistan - Jun 07, 2011
- Six passengers die in Bengal accident - Aug 20, 2011
- Eight people killed in Jharkhand road accident - Jul 06, 2012
- Six from Maharashtra killed in Andhra - Oct 28, 2011
- Nine killed in West Bengal bus accident (Lead) - Feb 01, 2010