Seven killed in two accidents in BangladeshJuly 17th, 2011 - 8:26 pm ICT by IANS
Dhaka, July 17 (IANS) Seven people were killed in two separate accidents in Bangladesh’s Tangail and Gaibandha districts Sunday, Daily Star reported.
The dead included a local leader of Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP).
Four people died in Tangail district while the other three in Gaibandha district.
In Tangail, a Dhaka-bound train from Dinajpur, hit a maxi cab while passing Bhanuabaha level crossing in Mirzapur sub-district at about 12.00 p.m.
Four people including driver and passengers of the maxi cab died on the spot. The level crossing on Sohagpur-Kalimjani road was unmanned when the accident took place.
In Gaibandha, three people were killed and 20 injured in a head-on collision between a bus and a truck in Polashbari sub-district Sunday morning.
The dead included Masud Khan, a local Bangladesh Nationalist Party convener, who was travelling in the bus, alongwith the two others killed. They died on the spot.
- Six killed, 45 wounded in bangladesh in road accidents - Jul 19, 2011
- TV channel CEO, filmmaker killed in Bangladesh accident - Aug 13, 2011
- Seven killed in Bangladesh lightning strikes - May 27, 2011
- Train hits two buses in Dhaka - Sep 29, 2010
- Lightning kills 10 in Bangladesh - Aug 11, 2012
- 55 Bangladesh kids fall ill after eating biscuits - Oct 28, 2010
- 8,000 sued over Bangladesh clash - Apr 24, 2012
- 31 die in Bangladesh boat capsize (Third Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- 31 die in Bangladesh boat capsize (Second Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Hasina to help complete Bangladesh director's unfinished movie - Aug 26, 2011
- 26 die as boat sinks in Bangladesh (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- 26 school kids killed in Bangladesh accident - Jul 11, 2011
- 43 school kids killed in Bangladesh accident (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Four dead, 220 missing as boat sinks in Bangladesh - Mar 13, 2012
- Violence mars Bangladesh's 'language movement' day (Lead) - Feb 21, 2010