Seven killed in temple stampede in HimachalAugust 3rd, 2008 - 4:35 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 3 (IANS) A stampede at the famous Naina Devi temple in Bilaspur district of Himachal Pradesh Sunday left at least seven people dead and over 200 injured, the police said. The temple is located 160 km from here.
The stampede occurred after a railing outside the temple collapsed, said the police.
The crowd had gathered at the temple on the occasion of the 10-day Sharavan Ashtami fair that began Saturday.
The injured were rushed to various hospitals in nearby towns.
The death toll is feared to mount but Bilaspur’s superintendent of police K.K. Indoria refused to comment on the number of casualties saying it is too early to comment.
- Over 50 killed, 300 injured in temple stampede (Lead, Changing dateline) - Aug 03, 2008
- Suspended Himachal cop surrenders - Sep 02, 2011
- Devotees throng Himachal temples with onset of Shravan - Jul 20, 2012
- Stampedes at religious places in over a decade - Nov 08, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Himachal cop for graft - Jun 16, 2011
- Thousands of devotees throng Himachal temples - Sep 28, 2011
- Death toll rises to 140 in Naina Devi temple stampede in Himachal (Update) - Aug 03, 2008
- Three pilgrims killed in Himachal accident - Feb 28, 2010
- 80 feared dead, over 100 injured at Naina Devi temple stampede in Himachal - Aug 03, 2008
- Heli-taxi service planned to Himachal temple - Jul 03, 2012
- Five of a family killed in Himachal house collapse - Sep 15, 2010
- 70 killed in temple stampede in Himachal (Second Lead) - Aug 03, 2008
- Himachal Pradesh unprepared to handle disasters - Aug 04, 2008
- Toll in Himachal hill shrine stampede mounts to 145 (Fourth Lead) - Aug 03, 2008
- 123 killed in temple stampede in Himachal (Third Lead) - Aug 03, 2008