Seven killed in Himachal accident (Lead)March 9th, 2011 - 7:45 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, March 9 (IANS) Seven people were killed and 21 injured when a bus they were travelling in skidded off the road and rolled down into a gorge in Himachal Pradesh’s Kullu district Wednesday, officials said.
The Himachal Road Transport Corporation bus was coming from Ani town when it fell into a 70-metre-deep gorge near Nali village. It was on its way to Jaon village.
The injured were taken to the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital in Shimla.
Most of the victims belonged to Ani and its nearby areas. One of the dead was from Muzaffarabad in Uttar Pradesh. “The injured also include four from Muzaffarabad,” Kullu Deputy Commissioner B.M. Nanta told IANS over phone.
Police say mechanical failure seemed to be the cause for the accident.
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal has expressed grief over the accident.
- Six die in Himachal accident - Mar 09, 2011
- Ten killed in Himachal accident - Apr 04, 2011
- Himachal accident toll rises to 15 (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- 34 killed in Himachal bus accident (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- 40 die as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Fourth Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Bus rolls down Himachal gorge, 24 killed (Second Lead) - Aug 19, 2010
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Third Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- 11 Delhi residents killed in Himachal accident - May 16, 2011
- 19 killed as bus falls into gorge in Himachal (Lead) - Aug 19, 2010
- Five die in Himachal accident - Aug 01, 2012
- Seven people killed in Himachal accidents - May 09, 2012
- 10 Delhi residents killed in Himachal accident (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- 17 labourers killed in Himachal accident (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- 12 killed as bus falls into swollen Himachal rivulet - Aug 10, 2011
Tags: chief minister, deep gorge, deputy commissioner, gandhi medical college, grief, himachal pradesh, himachal road transport, indira gandhi, kullu district, mechanical failure, muzaffarabad, nanta, nearby areas, phone police, transport corporation, uttar pradesh