Seven killed in Bihar cracker unit blastApril 19th, 2008 - 7:27 pm ICT by admin
Patna, April 19 (IANS) Seven people including three women were killed when a powerful explosion occurred at an illegally run cracker manufacturing unit in Jehanabad town of Bihar Saturday. “Three people were killed on the spot and four more succumbed to the injuries on way to hospital,” a police official said.
Six people were also injured in the blast.
The unit-cum-shop was being run from a house in Shiekalam Chak locality in Jehanabad, about 50 km from here.
The injured were first rushed to the Sadar Hospital and later referred to the Patna Medical College and Hospital after their condition deteriorated.
The owner of the cracker shop was selling and manufacturing crackers without a licence, a police official said. “We suspect the explosion took place after the shop caught fire,” the official said.
The district administration ordered an inquiry into the incident.
- Cracker unit blast kills four - Apr 19, 2008
- Seven die after eating poisonous food in Bihar - May 14, 2012
- Two killed in fire-cracker stockpile blast - Sep 12, 2012
- 12 held for fireworks factory blaze, probe ordered (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- Bihar food poisoning kills nine (Lead) - May 15, 2012
- 33 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fourth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- 36 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fifth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Fire in Amritsar cracker shop - Oct 23, 2011
- Six arrested for Sivakasi fire tragedy - Sep 06, 2012
- Eight killed in Punjab blast, probe ordered (Lead) - Jan 08, 2011
- 30 dead as flames engulf firecracker factory (Second Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Three killed in fire cracker unit blast in Punjab - Apr 13, 2012
- Strike disrupts normal life in Bihar - May 10, 2012
- Four killed in Uttar Pradesh blast - Oct 23, 2010
- Six more killed in cracker shop blast in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 24, 2012