Seven held for kidnapping boy in Uttar PradeshMarch 12th, 2011 - 10:47 pm ICT by IANS
Saharanpur (Uttar Pradesh), March 12 (IANS) Seven people, including two MBA degree holders and two housewives, were arrested here for kidnapping a seven year-old-boy, police said Saturday. The minor was freed after a brief shootout.
The seven, aged 25-30 years, were nabbed late Friday from Deoband town, around 550 km from Lucknow.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Manoj Kumar told reporters in Saharanpur: “They come from middle class families. The lure of money prompted them to kidnap the boy Aman. The boy is a resident of Deoband town, of which the seven also are natives.”
Aman, who is son of an official of a private bank, went missing March 7. Later, a ransom call for Rs.50 lakh was made on telephone by the abductors, following which the boy’s parents approached the police.
“With the help of the surveillance team and on a tip-off by an informer, we arrested the seven following a brief shootout,” Senior Superintendent of Police V.K. Dohre told reporters in Saharanpur.
According to police, two of the seven are MBA graduates. “While one has completed his MBA from an institute in Dehradun in Uttarakhand, the other finished it from Saharanpur only,” a police official said.
- Seven passengers killed as bus falls into pit - Apr 06, 2011
- Chandigarh NRI abductors planned to kill him - Apr 11, 2012
- Kidnapped boy rescued, two arrested - Apr 18, 2011
- Abducted Pakistani boy strangled to death - Mar 18, 2012
- Body of kidnapped boy found, traffic blocked (Lead) - Jan 05, 2011
- Man held for killing minor in Delhi - Jun 24, 2012
- Four held for abducting Class 1 boy - Apr 29, 2011
- Cops rescue abducted NRI in Kurukshetra - Apr 11, 2012
- Kidnapped Delhi toddler rescued, four arrested (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Teenagers kidnap 5-year-old boy in Uttar Pradesh to buy bike - Mar 31, 2010
- Kidnapped Andhra schoolboy found murdered - Apr 20, 2012
- No breakthrough in Bihar NIT student's abduction yet - Jul 03, 2012
- Abductors demand Rs.20 lakh to release Bihar student - Jun 30, 2012
- 11 Uttarakhand cops surrender, sent to jail - Jun 05, 2012
- Gang demands Rs.50 lakh for abducted student - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: abductors, degree holders, dehradun, deputy superintendent, housewives, lakh, manoj kumar, mba degree, mba graduates, middle class families, money, natives, parents, police official, private bank, ransom, rs 50, surveillance team