Seven electrocuted in OrissaMay 17th, 2008 - 4:00 pm ICT by admin
Bhubaneswar, May 17 (IANS) At least seven people were electrocuted and five injured when they touched a concrete mixing machine that came in contact with a high tension wire while working on a road project in Orissa’s Dhenkanal district, a government official said Saturday. The incident occurred near Sanda village, some 160 km from here, late Friday night when they were working on the project under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna (PMGSY), District Collector Jamil Ahmed Khan told IANS.
The injured were residents of neighbouring Kumushi village.
The government announced compensation to the family members of the victims and to bear the cost of the treatment of the injured, he said.