Seven dead, 200 injured in China blastNovember 1st, 2011 - 6:17 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Nov 1 (IANS) At least seven people were killed and 200 injured Tuesday when two trucks ferrying explosives blew up near a gas station in China’s Guizhou province, authorities said.
The incident took place around 11.30 a.m. when the trucks with around 70 tonnes of explosives exploded in front of a motor vehicle testing station in Fuquan city, about 100 km from Guiyang city, Xinhua reported.
A witness said the testing station was destroyed and a neighbouring five-storey residential building was badly damaged.
Windows shattered in nearby houses and cars parked near the site also suffered damages. At least 20 injured people were in critical condition, a rescue official said.
- 20 dead, nearly 200 wounded in Kabul fire - Jul 05, 2012
- Hot water truck explodes in China, one dead - Jul 10, 2012
- Explosives-laden truck explodes at Chinese cement factory, 9 dead - Aug 28, 2012
- Gas station blast kills seven in Lebanon - Jun 07, 2011
- Underground oil tank explodes in Kenya, one killed - Jun 06, 2011
- Seven killed in twin Syrian blasts - Apr 05, 2012
- Six dead in China building collapse - Mar 29, 2011
- 12 killed in Iraq bombings - Jul 23, 2012
- One dead in blast near Norwegian PM's office (Second Lead) - Jul 22, 2011
- Four killed in Pakistan bombing - Aug 05, 2012
- Three die in blast near UN office in Peshawar (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- 10 die in Afghanistan airport suicide blast - Feb 27, 2012
- Blast near Norwegian PM's office, eight hurt (Lead) - Jul 22, 2011
- One killed, 24 injured in Kashmir car bomb blast (Second Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- Two die in Russia shopping mall fire - Jan 23, 2011
Tags: authorities, beijing, cars, china, critical condition, damages, explosives, gas station, guizhou province, motor vehicle, nearby houses, neighbouring, nov 1, residential building, tonnes, trucks, witness, xinhua