Seven arrested for Patna double murderJuly 14th, 2008 - 12:04 am ICT by IANS
Patna, July 13 (IANS) Seven people were arrested Sunday in connection with the brutal killings of a top Patna civic official and his wife here earlier this month, the police said. Manzar Alam, the 50-year-old Bihar Administrative Service officer serving as Patna Municipal Corporation secretary, and his wife were murdered July 3 in their Haroon Nagar sector 2 residence. Their heads were smashed with iron rods.
The police arrested seven people, suspected to be involved in the killing, from Patna and Samastipur.
Earlier, two people, Alam’s driver and peon, were arrested and let off after interrogation.
The police suspect robbery was the motive behind the killings since some valuables were missing from Alam’s house. However, family members suspect there is more to the crime that robbery.
Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Amit Kumar said the police are probing the killings and the case.
- BAS official, wife brutally killed in Patna residence - Jul 02, 2008
- Five die during Holi in Bihar - Mar 21, 2011
- Two Maoists held for killing six in Bihar - Jul 04, 2011
- 13 held for selling illicit liquor in Bihar - Feb 20, 2011
- 13 held for hooch tragedy in Bihar - Feb 20, 2011
- Bihar's hooch tragedy toll rises to 11 - Feb 21, 2011
- Trader found murdered in east Delhi, his Rs.6 lakh missing - Jan 13, 2011
- School principal beaten to death over land in Bihar - May 22, 2012
- Rs.6 mn bank robbery case solved, three held - Oct 13, 2010
- Bagladeshi robbers' gang busted - Feb 08, 2012
- Train passengers robbed in Bihar - Jul 06, 2012
- Six arrested for robbery in Delhi - Jun 16, 2012
- Man with weapons arrested in Mumbai - Feb 14, 2012
- Indonesian cops criticised for killing terrorists - Mar 20, 2012
- Mentally challenged Chinese kills US businessman - Jul 13, 2012