Seven arrested for open school exam fraudApril 24th, 2012 - 11:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 24 (IANS) Seven people have been arrested for a fraud committed during the class 12 economics examination of the National Institute of Open Schooling, police said Tuesday.
Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime), Ashok Chand said five impersonators along with a school employee and an owner of a coaching institute were apprehended.
The impersonators, identified as Jitender Kumar,18, Amit Chauhan,23, Satish Kumar,27, Shushma, 30, Vijender Kumar, 20, were held on April 20 at the examination centre in a secondary school at east Delhi’s Sadatpur.
The accused told police that they were not the actual candidates but were impersonating on behalf of the real candidate.
On their instances, Ajay Kumar,22, the school employee, and Shashi Bhushan,36, the owner of a coaching institute, were arrested.
All the seven accused revealed that Shyam Sharma, manager of the Sadatpur senior secondary school, who is absconding, is the king pin of the racket.
“The candidates, who wished to clear the examination of Higher Secondary from National Open School Examination, were approached by Bhushan for their guaranteed success,” said Chand.
Sharma roped in Ajay Kumar, a teacher of his School, in the racket.
“Bhushan charged Rs.5,000 to Rs.7,000 for impersonation in each examination from each candidate. He further paid Rs. 3,000 per candidate per exam to Sharma. The racket has been in operation for around four years,” said Chand.
- Man gets 3 years' jail for impersonating in AIIMS exam - Jun 13, 2012
- Scam in Rajasthan pre-medical test for third time - Jul 26, 2011
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested (Second Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Three 'cyber journalists' held for blackmail, extortion bid - Mar 22, 2011
- Man held for Aligarh admission racket - Jun 20, 2010
- 3 British Council employees among 16 arrested over IELTS cheating - Nov 10, 2009
- Ex-registrar convicted in housing scam - Aug 29, 2012
- Seven officials jailed for fraudulent land allocation - Sep 03, 2012
- Delhi man given life term for killing neighbour - Apr 12, 2011
- Hunt on for kingpin of IELTS exam racket - Nov 09, 2009
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Spurious medicines racket busted, three arrested (Lead) - Jul 16, 2011
- Two held for duping 1,000 people over jobs - Oct 13, 2011
- Two railway staff held for running job racket - May 16, 2011
- Two held for cheating, impersonation - Jul 01, 2012
Tags: april 24, ashok, chand, coaching institute, commissioner of police, east delhi, economics, fraud, impersonation, impersonators, instances, jitender kumar, king pin, national institute of open schooling, New Delhi, police crime, satish kumar, senior secondary school, shashi