Settle pending traffic fines at Lok Adalat SundayApril 21st, 2008 - 11:30 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 21 (IANS) Happy with the response at two previous Lok Adalats in the capital, Delhi Police is organising another one Sunday when people can just walk in and pay their fines or settle their disputes over traffic offences before a city magistrate. The Lok Adalats will be jointly organised by the Delhi Legal Service Authority (DLSA) and Delhi Traffic Police April 27 and May 18 at the Tis Hazari, Karkordooma, Patiala House and Rohini courts.
“Seeing the immense response of people, we are organising the Lok Adalat for the third time in past six month,” said a senior police officer.
In the earlier editions, a total of 80,053 cases relating to compoundable and petty offences were settled.
A total of Rs 8.86 million were realised from the traffic offenders.
- 3,092 cases disposed off in Delhi Lok Adalat Sunday - Mar 18, 2012
- Lok Adalat settles 1,400 power bill cases - May 20, 2012
- 4,793 cases settled at Delhi Lok Adalat - Apr 14, 2012
- Special Lok Adalat for power theft convened in Delhi - Jan 14, 2012
- Delhi Lok Adalats settle 67,047 cheque-bounce cases - Sep 13, 2012
- Special Lok Adalat for power cases Jan 14-15 - Jan 09, 2012
- Delhi Lok Adalat disposes 7,900 pending cases - Mar 12, 2011
- Criminal cases to be taken up in Lok Adalat - Mar 19, 2009
- 4,021 cases settled at Lok Adalat in Delhi - May 13, 2012
- Mediation settles 60 percent of Delhi court cases - Jun 15, 2012
- Delhi lawyers observe strike on bar council's call - Jul 11, 2012
- No kidding: Child labour rampant around Delhi courts - Oct 08, 2011
- Lawyers' strike to back Anna hits litigants (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- 'Peoples' court' in capital to deal with matrimonial disputes - Feb 27, 2009
- Court issues notice to Delhi government on child labour - Oct 13, 2011