Servant drugs employers, flees with cashMay 7th, 2008 - 5:20 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 7 (IANS) A domestic help hired eight days ago without getting his antecedents verified by the police allegedly drugged his employer and employer’s son at their southwest Delhi home before fleeing with valuables Wednesday. The incident comes a day after the police began the search for another domestic help, Badal, for allegedly killing his elderly employer in south Delhi.
On Wednesday morning the police were informed that Charanjeet Singh, 36, and his son Raunaq, 7, were lying unconscious in their Anand Niketan home with froth coming out of their mouths.
Singh, who runs a property and interior business from his home, and his son were admitted to a hospital, where they were stated to be out of danger.
His wife, who is pregnant, has been in hospital for three days.
The police said the family had employed Deepak, who hails from Nepal, eight days ago without verifying his antecedents.
“Deepak is missing from the house and we have sent the food which Singh and his son had consumed last time (for analysis),” Assistant Commissioner of Police Kumar Gyanesh told IANS.
“The family is ascertaining the amount of cash and valuables missing from the house,” he said.
On Tuesday, the police recovered the body of Nirmala Madan from her Amar Colony home. The police suspect her servant, Badal, who was employed five days ago and is missing, was behind the murder. Badal also hails from Nepal.
- Servant drugs employers, flees with cash (Lead) - May 07, 2008
- Abducted builder found dead, three held - Jun 20, 2011
- Abducted toddler rescued; maid arrested (Roundup) - Apr 27, 2011
- Badal vs Badal vs Badal in Punjab's Lambi seat - Jan 07, 2012
- No breakthrough in Delhi terror attack a week later - Sep 13, 2011
- Gurgaon police to issue fresh guidelines to cab drivers - Nov 25, 2010
- Man held for killing 9-year-old cousin - Sep 11, 2010
- Minor maid held for kidnapping two-year-old - Dec 09, 2011
- 26/11, a grim reminder of our perilous neighbourhood: Antony - Nov 26, 2010
- Two held for murdering NTPC engineer - Aug 12, 2012
- Hazare welcome to Punjab: Amarinder - Oct 07, 2011
- French official held for sexually abusing daughter (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- US investigating Sikh gurdwara shooting as domestic terrorism - Aug 06, 2012
- Punjab assembly resolution seeks Sarabjit's release - Jun 29, 2012
- Day after win, Badals pray at Golden Temple - Mar 07, 2012