Servant drugs employers, flees with cash (Lead)May 7th, 2008 - 9:14 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 7 (IANS) A domestic help hired eight days ago without getting his antecedents verified allegedly drugged his employer and employer’s son at their southwest Delhi home before fleeing with cash and valuables worth million of rupees Wednesday, the police said. The incident comes a day after the police began the search for another domestic help, Badal, on charges of allegedly killing his elderly employer in south Delhi.
On Wednesday morning, the police were informed that Charanjeet Singh Marwah, 36, and his son Raunaq, 7, were lying unconscious at their Anand Niketan home with froth coming out of their mouths.
Their domestic help, Deepak, a Nepalese, hired eight days ago on the recommendation of a domestic help in the neighbourhood, was missing from the house. Significantly, the other domestic help is also on leave.
Anurag Mahajan, Marwah’s childhood friend who was the first one to reach the house, told IANS: “Charanjeet called me at around 10.30 a.m. and asked me to rush to his home. I reached there from Vasant Kunj in 10 minutes to find the family’s old servant, Hari, standing close to Charanjeet, who was lying on the sofa.
“Charanjeet was vomiting. But his son was on the bed unconscious. Charanjeet asked me to check the cupboards and call the police. The house was ransacked and jewellery boxes were opened.
“Charanjeet said he and his son had ‘daal chawal’ Tuesday night and since then they do not remember anything.”
Hari, a Nepalese who had gone on leave Feb 11, told the police that he had returned to Delhi Wednesday morning. But the police have detained him for questioning.
Marwah, a property dealer, and his son were admitted to the Safdarjung Hospital, where doctors said they were out of danger.
His wife Prableen, who had given birth to a baby girl two days ago, is still in a city hospital. Marwah’s father Avtar Singh had died 40 days ago due to illness.
The police said the family had employed Deepak without verifying his antecedents.
“Deepak is missing from the house and we have sent the food which Singh and his son consumed last night (for analysis),” Assistant Commissioner of Police Kumar Gyanesh told IANS.
“The family is ascertaining the amount of cash and valuables missing from the house,” he said.
On Tuesday, the police recovered the body of Nirmala Madan from her Amar Colony home in south Delhi. The police suspect her servant, Badal, who was employed five days ago and is missing, was behind the murder. Badal also hails from Nepal.
Last month a carpenter and his aides murdered a 40-year-old woman at her west Delhi house where they had been hired for some work.
On March 13, the police arrested five Bangladeshi nationals for allegedly drugging and robbing three families in south Delhi.
- 85-year old woman, servant murdered - Jan 03, 2012
- Servant drugs employers, flees with cash - May 07, 2008
- Four members of family drugged, robbed in Delhi - Jul 23, 2010
- Newly recruited servent drugs employer, decamps with jewellery - Jan 29, 2011
- Get servants verified: Delhi Police - May 12, 2011
- Elderly woman murdered in south Delhi - Oct 31, 2011
- Three die in Jharkhand - Oct 23, 2011
- Abducted toddler rescued; maid arrested (Roundup) - Apr 27, 2011
- Rescued Delhi toddler's mother accepts mistake - Apr 27, 2011
- Servant, four others, held for looting house - May 04, 2011
- Maid arrested for kidnapping employer's son - May 02, 2011
- Five people arrested for robbery in Delhi - Jun 05, 2012
- Two arrested for double murder in Delhi - Jul 13, 2010
- Three held for murdering old man, looting his house - May 07, 2011
- Man set ablaze for opposing daughter's affair - Dec 08, 2011