Sensex wipes out loss by early afternoon (Lead)August 22nd, 2008 - 3:29 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 22 (IANS) The main index of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) recovered its morning loss and was trading in the green early Friday afternoon. Oil and gas and banking stocks led the recovery. However, the main index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) stayed in the red.At 1:30 p.m., the 30-share benchmark index of the BSE, the Sensex, was at 14,328.99 points, up 85.26 points or 0.60 percent from its closing figure Thursday. It had touched a high of 14,377.79 points earlier.
But at the same time the broader-based S&P CNX Nifty index of the NSE was at 4,303.55 points, down 19.70 points or 0.46 percent from its previous close.
In Mumbai, the market breadth was negative. On BSE, 1,177 shares advanced 1,243 declined and 124 remained unchanged.
- Sensex closes flat ahead of inflation data (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Sensex closes 95 points up, IT realty stocks high (Second Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 105 points lower, realty, bank stocks slump (Second Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex ruling lower, IT, telecom drag broader markets - Jun 17, 2011
- Sensex up 115 points in early trade - Nov 25, 2010
- Sensex quiet in opening trade - Oct 28, 2010
- Indian markets dip on profit booking (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Sharp selling pulls Sensex 38 points down (Second Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Sensex ruling flat in early trade - Oct 26, 2010
- Sensex closes 377 points higher (Second Lead) - Oct 01, 2010
- Sensex creeps up 104 points in late trade (Second Lead) - Oct 11, 2010
- Sensex dull in morning trade - Sep 16, 2010
- Sensex lacklustre, Asian cues tepid (Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
- Sensex closes a tad high; metal, capital goods stocks up (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Sensex bounces back, closes 153 points higher (Lead) - Nov 15, 2010