Sensex up 11 points in noon tradeMay 9th, 2012 - 2:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 9 (IANS) A benchmark index for Indian equities markets was trading 10.95 points up around noon Wednesday, led by selling pressure in information technology, capital goods and auto stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened in red at 16,436.41 points, was ruling at 16,557.13 points at 12 noon, up by 0.07 percent or 10.95 points from its previous close of 16,546.18 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 16,615.74 points and a low of 16,436.41 points in the intra-day. The Sensex midcap was down by 16.58 points and smallcap fell by 27.12 points.
There was heavy selling pressure in bank, metals, oil and gas and auto stocks.
The BSE bank index was down by 101.23 points followed by metals index which was down by 125.56 points, oil and gas index down by 89.68 points and auto index down by 54.96 points.
Major Sensex losers included DLF, down 2.66 percent at Rs.185, Sterlite Inds, down 2.02 percent at Rs.97, Mahindra and Mahindra, down 1.89 percent at Rs.664.10, NTPC, down 1.86 percent at Rs.153.10, Coal India, down 1.73 percent at Rs.329.10 and Bharti Airtel, down 1.51 percent at Rs.310.35.
Major Sensex gainers included 11 companies which are part of the 30-scrip sensitive Sensex. The major gainers included ITC, up 4.42 percent at Rs.237.35, TCS, up 2.55 percent at Rs.1,231, BHEL, up 1.62 percent at Rs.219.65, L&T;, up 1.43 percent at Rs.1,175 and Hindalco Inds, up 0.85 percent at Rs.118.40.
- Sensex marginally down in afternoon trade (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Sensex closes 67 points down as bearish mood prevails (Roundup) - May 09, 2012
- Sensex down; consumer durables, auto stocks fall - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex closes 148 points down (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Sensex down 127 points, IT stocks hit (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Sensex down 41 points; realty, health care stocks slump - Jun 21, 2012
- Sensex closes 111.32 points higher, auto stocks rally - Apr 19, 2012
- Sensex closes 78 points down (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex down 19 points; auto, oil and gas stocks fall (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex rises 120 points, FMCG, realty, metal stocks up - May 17, 2012
- Sensex rises 40 points; capital goods, FMCG stocks up - Jun 13, 2012
- Sensex remains choppy; ICICI Bank, M&M; rally - Apr 27, 2012
- Sensex closes 16 points down (Second lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex trades flat, auto, banking stocks down (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Sensex closes 43 points high (Second lead) - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: auto index, auto stocks, bank index, benchmark index, bharti airtel, bhel, bombay stock exchange, capital goods, coal india, gas index, hindalco, inds, information technology capital, mahindra and mahindra, metals index, midcap, ntpc, rs 1, sensitive index, smallcap